Honored Contributor

----- ~ Thanks! We're safe. If the dudes at Pendleton can't contain a fire, then I don't know who can!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor
On 5/16/2014 MickD said:

------ ~ Nice....big, big trouble. I think what really saved a lot of the neighborhoods was that all the houses are not squished together. There is a lot of green space...which I quess can be bad if a fire isn't contained fast enough. We looked at a house in Carlsbad..I loved the house and the area, but the neighborhood was house upon house upon house up and down the hillside...freaked me out!

MickD, I'm not sure if you know this but you can follow the fires on twitter. Make sure you click on "All" underneath the # title and that you look for tweets from reliable sources like news reports vs citizens randomly posting whatever comes into their heads.

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23CampPendletonFire&src=hash

Honored Contributor

------ ~ Oh cool! Didn't even think of that...thanks for the link!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Two camp pendleton fires. Evacuated base just a couple miles South of me...oh wind gods..........blow east!

Contributor
I've been keeping up with these fires online through television live video because I'm a Chargers fan. I read Tuesday night that Philip Rivers and his family had to evacuate because of the Bernardo fire. Kevin Acee tweeted that Philip and his family were safe. I've watched Philip ever since he started playing at NC State. He is my favorite player ever because of his competitive attitude and his great Christian values. He's supposed to be in Washington, DC, tomorrow to give the graduation speech at Catholic University of America (CUA). I hope all of you that live in this area stay safe. I thought it was scary watching the fire jumping over Poinsettia Blvd. Wednesday. The reporter on the scene had been talking a long time before some of the school buses pulled out. I thought one of the reporters said a little while ago that one of the fires was going toward Orange County.
Super Contributor
On 5/16/2014 MickD said:

Two camp pendleton fires. Evacuated base just a couple miles South of me...oh wind gods..........blow east!

Three fires now. San Mateo is the latest. Thankfully no civilian evacuations yet. Positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Super Contributor

mother nature is letting us know we don't control her she is the one in control. she is letting the world have it with all the crazy weather. I am glad to hear it will be cooling off for you.

Honored Contributor

The crazy weather is exactly what was predicted as a result of the earth's warming.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Just saw the latest fire videos, horrible, just horrible.

The only good thing is that it cooled off some for those fighting the fires.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Carlsbad sure has grown since Tony Hawk was skating there in the 70's and early 80's!! LOL It was a smaller beach town at one time. The medial home price is about 699.000., but most newer homes in the hills run 1 million and up! I read real estate has gone up almost 14% this year. That is a lot. The winds come up there and blow through the canyon. I hope all is contained and those darn fires are put out.

I live along the coast of California, and we get smoke residue from the fires down south when they have burned for a while.