Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Anyone start all over at 50 or close to it? I am 48, changing direction. I recently received my insurance license and no I am being sponsored for the series 6 which will allow me to sell securities. I will have to obtain two additional licenses after the series 6. I have been studying about 5-6 hours a night.

I am literally starting all over.
Respected Contributor

Wow!  How impressive is that.  I wish you very good luck with your new career;  you are to be admired.

Honored Contributor

www.MessenTools.com-Mensajes-big-25.gifat changing careers at 1/2 century.

I decided to retire at 50 & never looked back! yahoo.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

www.MessenTools.com-Mensajes-big-25.gifat changing careers at 1/2 century.

I decided to retire at 50 & never looked back! yahoo.gif

@Mz iMac  I totally get you! You go girl!

Respected Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Anyone start all over at 50 or close to it? I am 48, changing direction. I recently received my insurance license and no I am being sponsored for the series 6 which will allow me to sell securities. I will have to obtain two additional licenses after the series 6. I have been studying about 5-6 hours a night.

I am literally starting all over.

yep.....................I did, best thing I ever did...................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Trusted Contributor
I am a little scared because I know it takes time to build up clients and its a lot of hard work. I don't mind the hard work but the change in income for now is scary. I know the potential income is there but not right out of the gate.

Thanks for the cheering:-)
Respected Contributor

Congratulations and great good luck, @NativeJax!  Would it be possible for you to get a part-time job to supplement your income, or would that interfere with your ability to get this new career going?

Trusted Contributor

YES!!!!!  I am nearly 54 yo and started a job nearly one month ago after being a SAHM for nearly 18 years.  I am working in the financial industry and LOVE it!  I am learning so much.  Since joining this company, i have met several people who have moved into this industry after working in other fields.  They changed jobs because they wanted a career that was fulfilling.  It is never too late.  NEVER!  Go for it.  It's your life.  Live it!!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I am a little scared because I know it takes time to build up clients and its a lot of hard work. I don't mind the hard work but the change in income for now is scary. I know the potential income is there but not right out of the gate.

Thanks for the cheering:-)

Paws and enjoy life.
Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax Congrats and good luck to you! I started a completely different career when I was 39 (I'm now 55.) I was a professor and now I'm a corporate executive. I think it makes life more interesting to have multiple careers in your lifetime.