Valued Contributor

l used to send out a lot , but as i l am way older now , most of the people have passed away and the younger generation doesn't do cards much .l still have a huge box of unused cards , thinking l might bring them to a nursing home . 

Honored Contributor

I'm working on Christmas cards this week, and expect to mail about 60.  

I've lost several friends this year, including the one who wrote the longest, boring 2 page holiday newsletter.  But I've added other people who lost a child, parent, or spouse this year, those going thru a painful time in life, and those who will be alone this year.  Cards have lifted me many times when I was down, and I try to do the same.  

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, I have about 10 that I mail out. Our church has a Christmas card exchange and I do another 30 or so for it.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Those letters, ugh! We call them brag letters. No thank you. Hard no. I've cut way back on cards over the years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas/Holiday cards:

I kind of 'slacked off' (whatever that means) last year.......then I thought I'd send out New Year's cards instead......and then .....well, 'oh well'........

I plan to begin sending out holiday cards most likely near Thanksgiving, I hope.  

Wish me good luck!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I rather enjoy reading those copies of letters, updating families' year long news.

Saves the sender lots of time, too.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY 

The holiday letters that update are great.  The ones that are 1-2-3 pages long with every single family members activity documented month by month since last season is a bit much.  I will miss my friend but NOT that ridiculous newsletter.  

Honored Contributor

I stopped sending out cards a long time ago.  It seemed that some things made the holiday always overwhelming.

Respected Contributor

I stopped sending cards years ago.  I don't miss that job.

Honored Contributor

Re: Card sending poll....

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal @Lilysmom1 @ECBG @RedTop @ROMARY @SilleeMee 

These are the ones I'm sending... 

IMG_3589.jpeg

customized through Zazzle... the one shown is an example

I don't add a letter of any sort. I do always get a letter from an old friend and I do enjoy it...her grown son writes it and it's humorous (clever). My small group of gf's from college days ...always get caught up through emails and we have begun having "zoom" sessions at the first of the year!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~