Honored Contributor

This has been my concern about making drugs legal, more people being killed by people on drugs than drinking,  in car accidents, like we now have to worry about both.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

This has been my concern about making drugs legal, more people being killed by people on drugs than drinking,  in car accidents, like we now have to worry about both.

Don't forget cell phones. I'd love to see the statistics on automobile death increases since cell phones became commonplace.  

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

It amazes me that, with the problems society has with alcohol, that they'd make marijuana legal.  That's just adding another problem with people becoming addicted and using things that impair their judgment.  We're close to Colorado which I love, but now have no desire to visit since it's legal there. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It amazes me that, with the problems society has with alcohol, that they'd make marijuana legal.  That's just adding another problem with people becoming addicted and using things that impair their judgment.  We're close to Colorado which I love, but now have no desire to visit since it's legal there. 

They just made it legal in MA too. I'm appalled.  

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Don't forget cell phones. I'd love to see the statistics on automobile death increases since cell phones became commonplace.  

I totally agree about cell phone and driving.  It amazing me when I'm at a stop light and a majority that pass by are either talking on their cell phone or looking down at it.   I was at a stop light a few months ago and 2 cars behind me got rear ended by a lady that was texting as she was driving.  Sent both to the hospital. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

You must have just watched NBC National News. Smiley LOL  I saw the same story.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I totally agree about cell phone and driving.  It amazing me when I'm at a stop light and a majority that pass by are either talking on their cell phone or looking down at it.   I was at a stop light a few months ago and 2 cars behind me got rear ended by a lady that was texting as she was driving.  Sent both to the hospital. 

I was in stop and go traffic this past weekend. I had a two hour journey. I Couldn't count the number of near rear end crashes I saw because people driving were texting or playing on their phones. Scares me to death. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

Lawmakers want the money from legal drugs, they do not give a fig about people, although I think cancer patients should have it if they need it. Seriously illness only.

Esteemed Contributor

I've become a much more defensive driver in the past year or so!

Honored Contributor

Has it been proven that Colorado or any other state that legalized marijuana are having more traffic fatalities?

I live in Massachusetts and it's still the same crazy drivers as always!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson