Honored Contributor

Captain Crozier was not "fired".  He was relieved of his command of the USS Roosevelt and will be reassigned.

The headlines are misleading.

I applaud his actions.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Captain Crozier was not "fired".  He was relieved of his command of the USS Roosevelt and will be reassigned.

I applaud his actions.

@Cakers3, I think it's just a matter of semantics. Relieved vs Fired vs Dismissed.

Tomato/tomahto.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I applaud his actions.

@Cakers3, I think it's just a matter of semantics. Relieved vs Fired vs Dismissed.

Tomato/tomahto.

@suzyQ3   The point is that some are saying they hope he keeps his pension, etc.  That would indicate being "fired" in which case there would be more action against him. 

It isn't a matter of semantics. 

The tomato/tomahto shows a lack of understanding how things work in our military and really was not needed.

I'll leave what my family has discussed out of this thread.  Moving on; no need to respond.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

at this point he has been relieved of his command, stays in the navy, keeps his rank.

very proud of this "whistleblower" who had the guts to put those under his command first.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I applaud his actions.

Tomato/tomahto.

@suzyQ3   The point is that some are saying they hope he keeps his pension, etc.  That would indicate being "fired" in which case there would be more action against him. 

The tomato/tomahto shows a lack of understanding how things work in our military and really was not needed.

I'll leave what my family has discussed out of this thread.  Moving on; no need to respond.

Speaking of what's not needed. @Cakers3. Sheesh, my fruit reference was certainly not directed at you in an unkind way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I applaud his actions.

Tomato/tomahto.

Speaking of what's not needed. @Cakers3. Sheesh, my fruit reference was certainly not directed at you in an unkind way.

I'm going to leave my response unedited so that you will understand what I'm going to say, @Cakers3 

I should have not replied at your request and let it go. Everyone is stressed to one degree or another now, and the last I want to do is increase my own or yours or anybody's level of stress.

Peace offering and my apologies.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

We need more humans like him! He went through the chain of command and still got shafted. The men sent him off with a bang. IMO, he's a hero! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I have more to say about the doctor's and nurses that are being fired but I do not want to get proofed. Everyone, stay safe and healthy.

There are so many things I want to say about this but I've decided to "bite my tongue".  He did what was right.  How many of military are getting sick and the stats are being hidden from the public?

@liliblu 

there was a long post yesterday about this and i responded with some answers. that post went completely missing. my sister is a nurse and works for the DOD/navy in a high level job. she said that as of two days ago, no figures were to be released on those serving who may have the virus.....not on installations and not on ships.

So if we wait long enough, in a room dark enough, we are to believe that this will wash away....

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Regular Contributor

I think all of you ready to give a parade for this man should enlist and show the military how to run a more compassionate organization.  Also sure our enemies would not dare try anything when they found out our soldiers were on PTO.  He did not go through proper channels and sent an email from an unsecured source!  Not proper conduct for a commander.

Respected Contributor

I wonder which commander some posters are talking about.  Back to sitting on my paws.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

He has shown us all what a real man is made of...