Honored Contributor

There comes a time when one must stand

and do the right thing, or sit by and watch.

Thanks to Captain Cozier 👏🏻 

For choosing to Stand Up.

Other than that I’m sitting on my paws.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I can't remember the name of the movie but I believe it starred Gene Hackman. He saved members of his crew when told not to, he was fired as well and his ship gave him a great send off as well. Anyone remember this movie?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The most difficult times in my career were when I clashed with management over "policy."  They are also my proudest moments as a human being.  

Captain, I hope you have a front row seat to karma.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

The most difficult times in my career were when I clashed with management over "policy."  They are also my proudest moments as a human being.  

Captain, I hope you have a front row seat to karma.  Smiley Happy

I, too, have BTDT.  I would not change a thing, either.   Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I can't remember the name of the movie but I believe it starred Gene Hackman. He saved members of his crew when told not to, he was fired as well and his ship gave him a great send off as well. Anyone remember this movie?

Crimson Tide maybe??  

Trusted Contributor

Thank goodness he wasn't willing to let people get sick and/or die in order to keep his job.  How sad is it that such behavior is something we applaud rather than expect.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Crimson Tide maybe??  

I found it @tansy , "Behind Enemy Lines".

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Crimson Tide maybe??  

I found it @tansy , "Behind Enemy Lines".

I was going to say that it wasn't my guess😜

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

Thank goodness he wasn't willing to let people get sick and/or die in order to keep his job.  How sad is it that such behavior is something we applaud rather than expect.  

@Tadaki, but on the positive side, thankfully there is a "we" here. Too many are so wedded to the chains of command that they forget about personal responsiblity. Think Nuremberg.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple 

Uncommon Valor with Patric Swayze

or

Bat 21?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras