Honored Contributor

Re: Candy Crush-- Do you still play?

I'm not super into games but enjoyed Angry Birds (free) in various forms then got bored. Did Candy and Soda Crush (free) and then got bored... and haven't loaded another game (yet)... probably will but won't pay for any of them....

Now BOOKS I'll pay for....  Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

I don't play Candy Crush anymore. I got stuck on one of the levels and a friend of mine got me started on Cookie Jam. It is just as addicting!! 

LOL, you sound like me, I have played Cookie Jam, but not addicted to it, my favorite is still Bejeweled!  I finally got in the million category this week and am so excited!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No!!  Never did.  I get addicted to stuff like that and don't know when to stop (to start dinner, go to bed, etc. lol).

When (original) Super Mario Bros. was popular (with my kids) I would play it till the wee hours of the morning.  Kids had no idea, DH was sworn to secrecy.  Same thing with Tetris.

I can't even put a good book down to drain pasta. 

It's pathetic.

Honored Contributor

I never got into Candy Crush because I was heavily into Farmville and had to break away from that one.

I am into Yahtzee this week.  It's keeping me up late so I think I need to stop that one, too.

I have to check out Candy Crush now that the pressure to play has passed.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

No. When I was ready to design a Candy Crush t-shirt that said "Kill the Owl!" I figured maybe enough was enough.

Honored Contributor

Ha!

You know you have it bad when the internet goes down at work and you call the help desk to find out the ETA because you have patty pan squash that needs to be harvested.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Okay, I need some help.

I am stuck on level 260 on farm heros. I earned unlimited play yesterday but still can't get through. Waiting for my poor Ipad to cool down and thought maybe someone could help me, puleeeeze!

Honored Contributor

I'm lame.  I just play solitaire Smiley Happy so I've never tried any of these types of games.

I was bummed when Microsoft dropped all the games when they came out with Win8 but I was able to find out how to take the Win7, and prior, games and put them onto my Win8 computers so I got solitaire back.    *whew*

I guess I'm the only one who plays solitaire.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt

I'm right here!  I'm a big solitare fan.  I like the AI Factory apps for all of their card games.

I made my IT Help Desk return them to my laptop because I get stuck in airports all the time and I dont' want to drain my phone.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Glad you were able to get the games back onto your laptop, too.

When I first got a Win8.1 computer I was really upset because all the games from all of the prior operating systems were replaced with stuff that, well let's just say, didn't interest me.  I just wanted my solitaire!

I did a search and found this guy with a YouTube video explaining how to take the games from a Win7 computer and get them onto a Win8 computer.  He talks way too much for my liking but I wanted to listen to it and then start over and do it while stopping the recording and then go on.  It was pretty easy and if you didn't have to listen to all his blah blah blah it just took like a minute.

So I saved that and the two files that had to be transferred, onto an external hard drive for future use and it made it easy.  

I guess this type of game is just not geared to younger people, over all, so I understand but it would have been really easy if they just made them available on the MS site.

After installing Classic Shell (so the new computer didn't look like some kind of kiddie game with all those silly 'tiles') and getting my solitaire back I was a very happy camper.  Smiley Happy