Honored Contributor

Re: Candy Crush-- Do you still play?

Never even checked them out .....

I'm an online Scrabble addict.   That's all I have time for.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

The frenzy with adults over this game and others like it truly amazes me. I heard about the "mania" for a long time before I received my tablet. So I went to check it out. Now I  am more amazed that adults (of both genders!)  are so addicted to these games.

I find them all extremely juvenile and boring. Definitely for young people.

There are so many more "smart" games to play.

Guess I just prefer more intelligent and involved ones.

But to each his own.

So don't just leave us hanging!  Tell us the names of some of these more "intelligent and involved" games so that we can all try them out.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Like I previously posted, I've never played, but I don't look down on anyone who wants to play Candy Crush.  I don't consider it juvenile.

My DH has three college degrees, and he oversees many people and projects during the day.  Sure, he's capable of playing more challenging games, but he likes Candy Crush.  It may not be a "smart people" app, but it's a great way for him to unwind after a long--sometimes stressful--day.  Not a big deal. He's gotten as high as 94% on Wordament...I'm  jealous!

Well said!

Valued Contributor

I LOVE CANDY CRUSH!!! So addicted!! I'm currently on level 827, can't seem to get past it. Only been trying for a few days though. It's a hard one.

I also play Soda Crush, Cookie Jam & just recently downloaded Juice Jam! Love them all!! When I run out of lives on one, I then go onto the other games until those other lives get replenished etc. It's fun. And I never ever pay for extra moves or boosters. No way! 

Esteemed Contributor

Have never played and haven't a clue where I would go to find it to play it.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Have never played and haven't a clue where I would go to find it to play it.

LOL, hckynutjohn!  How have you managed to avoid it?  I used to hear my friends talking about it constantly so I finally downloaded it on my iPad to see what it was all about.  And, yes, it is addictive.  (I've been playing it this very evening.)  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Never even checked them out .....

I'm an online Scrabble addict.   That's all I have time for.

Me too ! I've been a life-long wordsmith and adore word games. You can learn so much that is useful and have a lot of fun doing it!  And is makes you an exceptional speller among other things.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi John!

Just "google" Candy Crush or go to Facebook and type it in. You will find the other games and more that have been mentioned here. Try your hand at it, it might be fun for you!

I pray that Cindy is feeling better and that you are well and rested after her ordeal. Tell  her we are thinking of her and praying for renewed health.

Take care and rest yourself as well John.

Blessings.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy playing these games too.  On Candy Crush I am currently on level 438, Cookie Jam, level 759, Candy Crush Soda, level 195.  I just downloaded Juice Jam a couple of days ago. I haven't ever paid anything to play these games. It's  just for a bit of fun.  Sometimes they just help me relax and pass a little down time.I don't think it's juvenile to keep your mind active.  I've got my mother into them as well as some other older relatives.  I also like Scrabble and Words With Friends.

Contributor

Oh yes. I play while watching tv and listening to books. I find it relaxing. I swore when I got to 1000 I would quit, but now I  made it to 1100 and still going strong.  I don't buy anything, so I have to exercise some patience on those harder levels.