Honored Contributor

Candy Crush-- Do you still play?

I find myself still playing Candy Crush, after several years, and recently started the newer Soda version. I find them kind of addictive, and l rarely pay money for extra moves, so l feel it's harmless.

Is anyone else still a fan of these, or other online games?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Candy Crush-- Do you still play?

I don't play Candy Crush anymore. I got stuck on one of the levels and a friend of mine got me started on Cookie Jam. It is just as addicting!! 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye:  Thanks for the tip. I've also played Candy Mania, Cupcake Mania, Jewel Mania and Farm Heroes. They're all free, and fun also.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I just got back to it this past week. I too am stuck on a level. I might try cookie jam next.

Contributor

I still play, but it's less because I get stuck at the harder levels. Don't like Soda Crush as much though.

Respected Contributor

yes, and soda crush and the farm game. I won't ever pay.

Respected Contributor

OH MY GOSH do I play !   Candy crush, soda crush, farm heroes, Bubble witch 2, Alpha Betty. Stopped playing Pet Rescue saga, got stuck on a level. I'm currently stuck on level 266 of candy crush. Love these games but I  will not pay any money to get extra moves.  Addicted !!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never played Candy Crush, but my DH plays it in the evenings while watching TV.  He's almost on level 700!

I like to play Wordament, but I'm not very good.  😊

Trusted Contributor

The frenzy with adults over this game and others like it truly amazes me. I heard about the "mania" for a long time before I received my tablet. So I went to check it out. Now I  am more amazed that adults (of both genders!)  are so addicted to these games.

I find them all extremely juvenile and boring. Definitely for young people.

There are so many more "smart" games to play.

Guess I just prefer more intelligent and involved ones.

But to each his own.

Esteemed Contributor

Like I previously posted, I've never played, but I don't look down on anyone who wants to play Candy Crush.  I don't consider it juvenile.

My DH has three college degrees, and he oversees many people and projects during the day.  Sure, he's capable of playing more challenging games, but he likes Candy Crush.  It may not be a "smart people" app, but it's a great way for him to unwind after a long--sometimes stressful--day.  Not a big deal. He's gotten as high as 94% on Wordament...I'm  jealous!