Super Contributor

Candles by Harry Slatkin Now at Ulta

Does anyone know what name they are under?  There are three candles under the brand Ulta.

Respected Contributor

Re: Candles by Harry Slatkin Now at Ulta

@usffan    They were HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin. Apparently they sold out immediately and the the second order  came in and it went. So they are sold out. There is you tube video with some one talking about this. You can find it if you google Homwworx at Ulta

Honored Contributor

They were on the website , I’d love to know  the backstory on this 

figured it was a just for Q brand

Honored Contributor

I believe the line will do better at ULTA than QVC. I had 3 in my cart and went to check out...GONE. Other people are obviously looking to buy them. I get points buying from ULTA, Coupon works on them (depending on the coupon) so that saves money and FREE SHIPPING.

WHY would I purchase them at QVC?!

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear   The you tube video speaks to the back story. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@jackthebear   The you tube video speaks to the back story. 

Will look for it

Respected Contributor

When I type it in the Ulta search box, they say unable to find anything by that name.

Honored Contributor

I watched both of the videos by the same woman and they highlights are:

* she knows someone who knows stuff about Ulta so this is how she knew Homeworx was coming to Ulta.

* she HATES QVC

* Ulta doesn't know how to pack. 2 of her 8 (I think) candles arrived damaged (one was shattered). Apparently there are a LOT of complaints against Ulta due to NO padding with the candles being shipped. She called out Ulta and Harry for this mess.

* NO restock until the next new wave of scents hit Ulta.

Basic information but it doesn't tell anyone why the brand came to Ulta. Will say that Harry claimed this was going to be exclusive to QVC and it obviously isn't which makes him a liar. That said, it also appears that he used QVC (as do MANY) to launch his brand; perhaps he always intended to move away from QVC once he was established. The value is MUCH better at Ulta for many reasons. Will he only sell his candles and nothing else at Ulta? Unknown. If he did that, than QVC WOULD be selling exclusive products after all.

The thing is, he is already well known in the candle and scent arena. He didn't need QVC to establish that. 

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal  That's because they are sold out. If you google Homeworx candles at Ulta you will see people blogging about them Evidently they came in and blew out the door. Second order blew out too. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t be too quick to brand Harry as a liar. The candles at Ulta could be different scents than at Q, so they are indeed “ exclusive” if no scents are sold both places. Does anyone know who makes the three wick candles for Bath and Body works now?