Honored Contributor

Cancelling magazine subscriptions --- is it possible?

It is actually possible to cancel a magazine subscription and get a refund?  If so, how do you do it --- call, e-mail, letter?  And if so, does it take a long time to get a refund --- or do you have to take an alternative magazine instead?

I have been very unsatisfied with several of the magazines which I've been receiving for ages and just feel like I am wasting money on things which are giving me no pleasure at all! 

Thanks!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Cancelling magazine subscriptions --- is it possible?

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

It is actually possible to cancel a magazine subscription and get a refund?  If so, how do you do it --- call, e-mail, letter?  And if so, does it take a long time to get a refund --- or do you have to take an alternative magazine instead?

I have been very unsatisfied with several of the magazines which I've been receiving for ages and just feel like I am wasting money on things which are giving me no pleasure at all! 

Thanks!

of course

there

is a page in each magazine that

will tell you where to call for subscription help.

usually at the beginning or  end 

Regular Contributor

I canceled New York magazine shortly after the election. It was easy to find the subscription dept on line. Filled out a form and they refunded the remaining portion. I was pleasantly surprised.

Respected Contributor

It can be done online.  Find the Subscriber Information Dept.  in the magazine itself or Google.  You may have to enter numbers from your mailing label.  Address changes can be done this way, too.

Honored Contributor

It depends on where you purchased it from.

If you purchased it from somewhere other than the company listed in the magazine, they usually send you back to that company to cancel.

Sometimes, they can offer you another magazine in their "group."

I know when a few magazines I subscribed to went under, they offerred me a few options.  At one point I actually faught for BH&G.  They said it was a "top tier" magazine and they couldn't move me to that but I insisted and they finally relented. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Magazine subs are a problem. We recently got a sub to a magazine that is "headed" by a QVC vendor. I was sent 2 magazines,one I wanted the other I did not order. We sent an e-mail and told them when this was cleared up we would pay. So far no answer to our mail.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Regular Contributor

I’ve had no problem cancelling magazines.  Google the name of the magazine.  The web site will give you a list of options.  Go to cancel subscription  and fill in the info required.  I then get an email confirming and the credit shows on my credit card.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

Thanks!

of course

there

is a page in each magazine that

will tell you where to call for subscription help.

usually at the beginning or  end 

@jackthebear

Thanks, I will have to look --- I guess I have paid no attention to this stuff!

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldiewrote:

I canceled New York magazine shortly after the election. It was easy to find the subscription dept on line. Filled out a form and they refunded the remaining portion. I was pleasantly surprised.

@Cwoldie

O.K. -- Thanks!  I was afraid if I tried, I'd never get my money back from them! 

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetuniawrote:

It can be done online.  Find the Subscriber Information Dept.  in the magazine itself or Google.  You may have to enter numbers from your mailing label.  Address changes can be done this way, too.

@PinkyPetunia

Thanks -- I will scout it out!