Respected Contributor

Smoke from the Wildfires in Canada are causing a smoky haze in the sky here in St. Louis Mo.  Has your state been affected ?  The weather is beautiful it's 85 degrees and the sun is peaking through the haze.   

Respected Contributor

If it's the same fire, we had it here in east central Pa. last week. We're under a code orange now and I was talking to a friend and there's a grass fire about 8 miles north of here. We only had a 1/4 inch of rain in May.

Honored Contributor

Re: Canada Wildfires Smoke

[ Edited ]

I'm in Colorado Springs. A few weeks ago Denver ranked in the top-5 worst cities for air quality in the world caused from the Alberta fires. It was really bad here, too.

Hope you can get a look at this fire and smoke map (dot gov). It shows smoke plumes and fires in real time. Zoom in/out and you can see smoke plumes from coast to coast as well as their intensities.

https://fire.airnow.gov/ 

To get a better picture of the plumes, go up to the upper right corner where there are three stacked diamonds. Click that and uncheck the first three boxes. that will get rid of all the dots.

Honored Contributor

Last week, we had smoke from fires in Western Canada (Alberta).  Last summer smoke in Albuquerque from California fires was terrible.  You can't stop living just because it's smokey.  Everybody just goes about their business.

Smoke particles in the air make beautiful sunsets.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We've had air quality alerts for quite some time due to the Canadian wildfires. It has been very hazy and anyone with respiratory conditions is advised to stay indoors. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I'm in Colorado Springs. A few weeks ago Denver ranked in the top-5 worst cities for air quality in the world caused from the Alberta fires. It was really bad here, too.

Hope you can get a look at this fire and smoke map (dot gov). It shows smoke plumes and fires in real time. Zoom in/out and you can see smoke plumes from coast to coast as well as their intensities.

The weather reporter on our news showed the map of smoke over several states.  It's also affecting air quality for some who have underlying medical conditions.  Hope the fires will soon be under control.

Honored Contributor

Yes, here in Chicago hazy skies for at least a week so far with "unhealthy" conditions for sensitive individuals.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Yes, here in Chicago hazy skies for at least a week so far with "unhealthy" conditions for sensitive individuals.

I never considered myself a sensitive individual. We have 3 Honeywell air purifiers in our home and the filters are grossly thick with dirt, dust when changed. If the filters don't do the work, our lungs will have to do the job.

I guess our homes are not completely sealed from the outside.

These filters also help with VOC-new to me volitile organic compounds such as fumes from dry cleaning fluids, candles, cleaning products, fabric treatments, paint.

I just saw a friend suffer with pulmonary fibrosis and it was a wake up call to pay attention to lung health. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Wisconsin has had advisories. Should clear out sometime after midnight. 

Super Contributor

I live in Wisconsin near the shore of Lake Michigan.  We have had haze over the lake and land for a very long time.  The haze extends northward all the way to the north border.  Air quality alerts are issued daily.  Living by the lake we often have clouds so when we get a stretch of sunshine it is a great to see stars and the full moon.  We have had full sun but it is all filtered by smoke.  Yuk.