Respected Contributor

Re: Can you spend less than a dollar at McDonald's in 1955?

Does anyone do the survey on your ticket when you do eat at McDonalds?

We have been eating on these tickets for months when we travel.

Two quarter pounders for the price of one.

Valued Contributor

I don't go to any fast food places without a coupon or a special. Today I actually went to BK for lunch. They do have some good coupons right now, but they also have a special of 2 cheeseburgers with fries and a drink for 3.49 with tax.  The cheeseburgers are nothing special, but the fries yummy-crispy and hot.  I also took home two whoppers for my kids (buy one ($4 something), get one free). Chick-fil-A is almost out of my price range, but I love their chicken sandwiches, and they give free senior drinks.

That has nothing to do with 1955 prices though. I was only 4 years old then, and lived in a teeny-tiny town with no MCD for miles and miles (in fact, I am not sure I had ever heard of it back then). I only had my first taste of pizza when I went to college!!!

Honored Contributor

Maybe fast food was cheap way back when, but it's not any more!  I bought a takeout meal for 2 people a couple of weeks ago and it came to about $20.00!!!!   Ridiculous!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I just took the "challenge" and only spent 54 cents.  Hahaha  And that was with an added burger!  Wow, it sure would be nice to have prices like that again.

I agree that fast food places have gotten expensive.  My husband and I always spend around $20 when we go to chick-fil-a.  Cheap compared to restaurants, but not so much for fast food.  

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I went to Burger King last night after CrossFit class.

I haven't been there is literally 5 or more years. It was a hard week at work and a tough 90 minute workout and run, so I decided I deserved a treat.

I got a Whopper with Cheese meal - with small fries and small drink. It cost $8.04!!!

I won't be going back for at least another 8 years...I got my burger fix!

@terrier3, $8.04 ... $ ouch $ 

I will stop at the BK to get the grandkids a cone or sundae and the specials are posted on the windows ...

BK has been having a few specials ... and one is 2 Whopper Meals for $10.

~

My G-kids keep me informed of all the different places that have $5 box meals, just in case ... Woman LOL

I saw the sign for the 2 Whopper meals for $10 - that's why in pulled in.

I didn't realize that sign didn't mean that ONE meal was $5...it actually was $8.04, including tax.

Trusted Contributor

I buy my coffee at McDonald's via the drive through. A large, black, coffee.  I frequent several locations.  Usually it is pretty good.  (Once in a while I'll get a dud.)
Do the math.