Honored Contributor

Re: Can you spare a card & a stamp for 5 y/o burn victim?

[ Edited ]

@Ms X wrote:

I wouldn't dare send a card at this point.  They're going to have to truck them in!  The real heros in this are her guardians and the medical workers who are working to repair her wounds. 

They're already using trucks to deliver her cards, so one more card doesn't affect that.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Check out all of the cards & packages in Safyre's garage!

She'll be opening them till next Christmas, LOL!

Her latest one was from Beyonce, with one of her t-shirts, pics and a cool headband!

Still no report of Katy Perry responding to her request though......sad.

1223-beyonce-safyre-cards-lauber-01

1223-sub-safyer-packages-lauber-01

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom, maybe a package from Katy Perry is there and it just hasn't been unearthed yet, it would be easy to miss. Hope so!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

YAY!!!! KATY STEPPED UP!

I'm now so proud of her!

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/27/katy-perry-safyre-terry-burn-victim-christmas-card/

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom, thanks for posting that, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes.  I can't even begin to imagine how thrilled Safyre was.. 

Way to go Katy!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@KingstonsMom, maybe a package from Katy Perry is there and it just hasn't been unearthed yet, it would be easy to miss. Hope so!

@MaggieMack

You were right!

I am so happy I was wrong for thinking she was uncaring, when she honored Safyre's request, just without a lot of fanfare!