Honored Contributor

Re: Can you spare a card & a stamp for 5 y/o burn victim?

@Pandalady wrote:

@godi  what a sweet idea!  I teach first grade and I believe I'll do this tomorrow for this precious angel!  Bet my kiddos will be exctied and happy to do it!Cat Very Happy

@Pandalady

That's fantastic!!

This is such a great teaching tool for kids and it's so nice to hear from @godi that the kids are not only learning valuable life lessons, but they're having so much fun doing it!

I'm sure yours will too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

@KingstonsMom, I even sent one from our mascot Smokey at Tennessee!   Can you imagine this child's eyes when so, so so so so many cards & gifts arrive everyday..  Santa sent her some $... wink wink wink.. 

@Suziepeach

I gotcha' on the wink & I did the same!

I bet the P.O. is going to need a bigger P.O. box for her!

We'll see lots of photos I'm sure of the end result of her Christmas wish, since this has gone so viral!

I can't wait!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

It appears Safyre has one more little wish - a card from Katy Perry.  She's saving the top of her card tree especially for it!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/katy-perry-could-make-young-burn-victims-christmas-...

Hope Katy comes through.  I don't use Facebook, but I bet Katy Perry has a page where those that do can leave a message urging her.  How wonderful if she sent an autographed picture...

@KingstonsMom Too funny, GMTA.  One of my cards to Safyre was a specially made card from my two deceased cats.  I gussied it up with all sorts of Christmas borders/colors and a personal greeting from her friends, Millie and Rocko.  My husband thinks I'm nuts (but the old softie eagerly mailed it), and I had probably as much fun doing it as those schoolkids!  (Good job, teachers!)

xmas.JPG

Denise
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom, this has really helped make this holiday easier for me as I generally don't do well at Thanksgiving and Christmas..  my mom passed away at Christmas but over the years this ole gal pulled up her big girl drawers and slowly but surely pulled meself out the pity pool! 

You are so right, the USPS will have to give her a much larger PO Box or an entire area just for Safyre.  Long as that child keeps smiling & feeling all the love, that's what matters..  Keeping a twinkle of love and hope in her sweet, innocent heart and eyes.  Oh darn now I'm about to cry.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

A little off topic, but am I the only dumb bunny who kept pronouncing Safyre in my head as "Sa-free"?  Then it dawned on me it was "Sapphire".  LOL

Denise
Respected Contributor

My daughter makes the most amazing pop up cards with her Symphany I had her make a card for me to send to this little girl and she made more, one for each of the members of her family (4).......when all are laid out together is makes the cutest little xmas town with bunnies, penquins, snowmans.....each card is a different xmas shop....it's soooooooooooooooooooo cute, I think the little girl will enjoy them...............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

A little off topic, but am I the only dumb bunny who kept pronouncing Safyre in my head as "Sa-free"?  Then it dawned on me it was "Sapphire".  LOL

@denisemb, let's keep this a secret, ok?  But I was prounoucing it Sa-free as well.  LOL   Don't tell anyone and I won't tell anyone that you didn't tell anyone so no one knows, Got it? 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

@KingstonsMom, this has really helped make this holiday easier for me as I generally don't do well at Thanksgiving and Christmas..  my mom passed away at Christmas but over the years this ole gal pulled up her big girl drawers and slowly but surely pulled meself out the pity pool! 

You are so right, the USPS will have to give her a much larger PO Box or an entire area just for Safyre.  Long as that child keeps smiling & feeling all the love, that's what matters..  Keeping a twinkle of love and hope in her sweet, innocent heart and eyes.  Oh darn now I'm about to cry.. 

@Suziepeach

What a heartwarming post and so nicely put!

I feel your pain, as the Christmas holidays bring painful memories for me as well.

Our last Christmas family reunion ended in a tragic car accident that happened to part of our family on their way home, with my brother losing his life and his children left with traumatic brain injuries.

I think that's why Safyre's campaign lit a spark in me.....it's the first reason I've found to smile around this time of year, since the accident.

I guess that means that we not only gave Safrye something she needed, she gave us something we needed too.....a reason to smile!  

Smiley MSN Emoticon heart 024.gif 

Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

My daughter makes the most amazing pop up cards with her Symphany I had her make a card for me to send to this little girl and she made more, one for each of the members of her family (4).......when all are laid out together is makes the cutest little xmas town with bunnies, penquins, snowmans.....each card is a different xmas shop....it's soooooooooooooooooooo cute, I think the little girl will enjoy them...............................................raven

@raven-blackbird

Those sound so cute, you know she'll love them!

Very sweet of you and your daughter!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@raven-blackbird

Those sound so cute, you know she'll love them!

Very sweet of you and your daughter!

@KingstonsMom they won't really work for the little girl's christmas tree card holder but I figured she had enough to fill that up and then some.........these would give her something to look at and discover............my daughter does an AWESOME job on these, she actually has an Etsy businees and sells them........they are really cute and very different and are customized for what you want.........I hope the little girl loves them.......................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo