Honored Contributor

Can you recall a favorite old thead that was a lot of fun

I can recall some  times when this board really was ruckus. Most of the ones I recall were invented by Duckie who seems to be gone. I have never seem anyone post as fast and for as long as she could. I think she was just pulling everyone's leg most of the time

WE had some big time scammers that posted here

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you recall a favorite old thead that was a lot of fun

There's been a lot of fun threads through the years. 

Caftans, crockpots, pantyhose, soup - LOL

There still are scammers and fake people posting here. 

Esteemed Contributor

More recent ones:  The Q Jeopardy Game and SG Star Trek. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

The SG Star Trek thread was THE funniest thread ever.  I completely forgot about it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Way back when the boards first started in the cooking section there were a great amount of fun people posting.  We even had a thread that was somewhat fictional and we all chatted on it and also exchanged recipes.  Then the nasties who are now the trolls took over and so we started chatting in the QVC Chat room.  We had a lot of fun in there also.  We would meet every night and chat and chat.  That is until the nasties arrived in there and they sure were a nasty bunch.  We then moved on to our own chat room that one of the girls started.  Since then some have passed away and others have moved on but I still comunicate with a few of them.  I still have the recipes from then and cook a lot of them to this day. 

Honored Contributor

I have the Q cookbook a poster named Adele along with others created. We have some very good cooks here

Honored Contributor

Just recently, there was a thread where posters recorded their voices and said hello or recited tongue twisters.  That was a genuinely fun thread.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, cherry,  Was it jodync who posted her "Ode to a Barn Jacket" when she finally tossed her Denim and Co barn jacket? (They sold those for years! There was a burnt orange one in Last Clicks for a long time.). That was a fun thread.

I also loved Bairn's pot-banging thread every New Year's Eve at midnight. Posters would bang their pots for good luck in the coming year.

Honored Contributor

I still think of the pot bangers and Bairn every New Years Eve. Jody was a very good writer, so was Bairn

Esteemed Contributor

Aw! You know how much I loved that remarkable lady. Remember how she would open her posts with "Evenin' Cherry," or whomever she was addressing. She was just the salt of the earth, pot banging and all. I had always thought that some day I would join her on her porch and look out at her beautiful land where her farm was. That wasn't meant to be, I guess, but I always felt she was the reincarnation of one of my ancestors. Rest in Peace, Bairn.

As for fun threads, some of my fondest memories from this board come from the threads on music and musicians or literature. I remember connecting once time with a whole bunch of people who were Arthurian Legends fans like me.  Of course there's the Bon Jovi people and the Aerosmith people with whom I relate also.