Respected Contributor

Re: Can you recall a favorite old thead that was a lot of fun

[ Edited ]
Yeah, I loved that voice thread. It poofed...... There was a hilarious grammar thread - "Jane and her lack of gramnar" - with tons of puns and other rollicking fun!
Esteemed Contributor

I recall my "first" memorable thread was way back 15+ years ago on probably the first iteration of the Q's message boards.  It was about packing peanuts.  I never opened it because.....well.....I just wasn't that interested in packing peanuts.  That thread grew and grew and had several hundred posts.  I couldn't figure out what was so interesting about packing peanuts.  I eventually opened and read most of the thread and there was one of the first arguments......that all started with packing peanuts.  I don't recall the actual reason(s) for the disagreement.  For whatever reason, that thread has remained with me all these years later.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't remember the name of this one:

It was a place everyone visited at night, like a home, but we could add things, like larger or vibrating theater seats, on site chefs, professional bar, and a wonderful spa, etc.  You could just hang out and chat. 

One of my Lab-babies was getting older and needed warm water therapy.  I asked if we could add that and everyone was so kind, it came right away.  I offered to keep the tank full and clean, but someone added 'round the clock attendants.

It was a great place.  Does anyone remember it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Susan Graver Star Trek

Retro Food pics

Respected Contributor

RDG, Wasn't it "greengems" who began a lot of the great music threads?  I miss her posts.  During a BB war a year or two ago, a poster mentioned that she had died, but someone else said she hadn't.

I just hope the latter poster was right and "greengems" is just off the BBs. She and "Crow" posted together once in a while. I miss Crow, too.

Honored Contributor

Dare I say it... the one about turtlenecks that absolutely turned into some of the funniest humor ever around this joint!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

I started one about disco...it was titled,"Did you like it"...90% of my generation hated disco,but i remember everyone buying the music or dancing to it.

I started after the moderators were fast asleep and a bunch of us posted our favorite disco song or any other song they liked.

It went on till the wee hours of the morning...then the gestapo came in and shut us down.Oh well...it was a blast.

Then there was one about fluff...but i won't go into detail on that one...it was hysterical!!

Hi,Cherry...how have you been?

ohmo-MoonDance

Honored Contributor

I recall a few, but they are old threads, and I've moved on to enjoy what happens today.
Respected Contributor

Uh uh uh uh stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Contributor