Honored Contributor

Re: Can you imagine what a heat index of 154 feels like?

esmerelda wrote:

Isn't the heat index a combination of temp AND humidity?  Is it humid in Iran?  (I've never been there, so I'm asking.)

in general, places like tehran (inside the country) have dry heat with little humidity. the areas near the water definitely have humidity. bandar mahshahr is on the persian gulf and is a port city.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

this is the second highest heat index in  recorded world records....... first place right now belongs to dhahran, saudi arabia......at 178 degrees!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this is the second highest heat index in  recorded world records....... first place right now belongs to dhahran, saudi arabia......at 178 degrees!

Yes, I saw that too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This heat was slowly coming.  Considering last month was the religious holiday w/ no drink/food during daylight, I'm surprised there weren't more issues.  The death toll in India for June, reaching 2300, due to the heat, was during that observance, as well.    So sad. 

Honored Contributor

When it's that hot, please look in on your elderly neighbors who live alone.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

When it's that hot, please look in on your elderly neighbors who live alone.

Yes, I agree...many live without airconditioning too Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I really can't imagine that. I doubt that I would survive. I was in the ME when it was about 125. That was bad but there was no real humidity and no heat dome. I doubt that there was such a heat index. We were out and about and had to stop and look for shade at times to walk from the beach up a hill to the hotel. Lots of water, too.