Honored Contributor

Re: Can you educate me on Zulilly?

[ Edited ]

You have been incredibly helpful @PINKdogWOOD.  Thank you for taking the time to write all of that.  And I agree with the "guarantees."  I think it should say odds are you should receive it by the holiday but no guarantees.

@Eileen in Virginia  Thanks!  I will definitely do that.  I ordered a Lug bag and Laura Geller kit so I was thinking they would be okay things to get right away unless they are dealing with wholesalers then I guess all bets are off.    

Respected Contributor

Is this normal to not get your stuff for up to a month with them? 

Yes.  It varies.  I order occasionally.  My last order was 11/4.  One of the items arrived in about 3 weeks.  The other I received on 12/4.

I like the company.  I ordered a pair of shoes which arrived in a different size then what I selected.  They were very attentive about the return, I believe they emailed a return postage paid label.   Unsolicited they notified me when they were able to get the shoe in my size.

Some of the prices do concern me.  I ordered a ChargeHub thinking I was getting a good price value.  One week later I see the same item being offered at the Q.   Same price, free S/H and available in different colors and I wouldn't have to wait 3 weeks to receive.

I would never order an item as a gift, unless the event was months in the future.  

Honored Contributor

I buy from them often.  Some items will ship from another country and it is noted before  you order that shipping will take longer.

i have gotten an e-mail from them if shipping is taking longer than expected and they will ask if you want to wait longer or cancel the order.

I have found their customer service to be polite and helpful.  If you are not happy, they are very accommodating.

When my cc is charged, to me that means that my order is on the way to them. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14  I have had a good experience with them but I went in knowing that there would be a considerable wait for receiving items.  

They are excellent about e-mailing me with updates including letting me know that a vendor has reneged on an item's availability.  One was for a particular wall mirror from a well known U.S. furniture purveyor that was discounted tremendously.  They quickly refunded my original outlay.

They also e-mail when an item I wanted was again available for purchase.

On large ticket items they also offer an "easy pay" option that I have used on a couple of purchases and that went smoothly too.

As others have said I wouldn't rely on ordering something that you need or want quickly because that is not going to happen with their business model.  I haven't had one thing I wanted or needed to return--and not everything is eligible to be returned is my understanding, and some is for Zulily credit only and not reimbursement in cash.  In their earlier years nothing could be returned.

I'm not one that returns items anyway unless there is a real defect/damage.  I only purchase online what I'm sure I will like or use, and in clothing that I know will fit.

I've ordered decor, mostly, and a few clothing items.  Got a lovely bed ensemble from them that I price compared and it was absolutely lovely and a real bargain.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Carmie and @aroc3435 and @Allegheny.  I am a little concerned that my credit card was charged in November without a ship date since it seems not to be the norm for most of you but I'll hang in there and hope both of them do ship out to me on 12/8/18 as scheduled.  

Fingers crossed!  

Respected Contributor

I really like Zulily. Sometimes I like it too much! You got some great feedback from posters here- you need to really read through the small print on the item you're buying. Some have the rocket and will ship quickly, some say "this great bargain will take some time to get to you" (or some similar verbiage).

When placing your order, it should break down the items and indicate which items will ship when. They do keep you advised with e-mails. One note- I tracked an item which said was delivered to my house by UPS. I called Zulily (they were nice) and gave me the number for UPS. Called UPS and was told the item was delivered to my local USPS office and would be delivered by mail the next day. I found that to be a little confusing and caused some panic since the item was a fairly expensive gift.

If you are buying clothing, it is so important to check the sizing guide. I've ordered a couple of items which were so small I couldn't even put my arms in the sleeves. I also try to get reviews on the particular brand I'm ordering. I ordered a dress over the summer that was so cute on the site, but was a horrid, cheap, nylon when it came in the mail. I think I paid $13.99 for it, so returning it didn't make sense. I gave it to my neice for to play dress up.

Also, some of the items can be split into 2 payments. 3 if you use a Zulily credit card.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @bathina!  I haven't really looked it over much but I think I'll explore a little more with it after hearing from all of you. 

I hear that they sometimes get some real bargains and I did get the makeup and the lug bag for great prices.  If I do get them and all goes well, I may have to look into purchasing some more stuff from them knowing it will take a bit. 

So far I've been pretty impressed but an email about the delay in shipping for the first item would have been nice. I've gotten nothing except their daily deals in a while which is what caused my concern.  Thanks to all of you I have now calmed down.    

Glad to hear you've had good experiences with them even when things go wrong.  Can't ask for more than that shopping online.  

Regular Contributor

I ordered a beautiful stretch knit jersey top from them- it took 6 weeks to come, and then it was cut too small. I typically take a small, but it was not true to size for US market- wherever it came from. So I gave it away instead of the hassle of a return.

If I ever ordered clothing from then again, I would order a size up for sure.

Honored Contributor

You should have read "How Zulily Operates" before you placed your order.  It does take awhile to get your merchandise but it's kind of like waiting for Christmas.  They have wonderful decor items for the home and shoes are a great bargain....always pristine and untouched by human hands.  I've received many wonderful things but I pick and choose carefully.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You should have read my post completely @Kachina624.  Reread it and don't miss the part where I said my first order was to ship on 12/3 and never did.  

Thankfully there are nicer people in the world who were able to confirm that yes it does take that long from this company and I thank them and not you for their appropriate and kinder responses.