Esteemed Contributor

Can you believe its...

[ Edited ]

I just double checked after seeing Christmas posts on Facebook.  Can you believe its less than 7 weeks until Christmas? Gah! I am usually done and wrapped by black Friday (and decorated that wk end) and so far I only have 3 gifts of many I need! 

Just think when it was Christmas in July on Q, where did the time go?. Oh my husband was saying Christmas in July its too early? lol. Now hes saying Thanksgiving isnt here yet. 

Well I like to have my kids, grandkids, son in law, future daughter in laws gifts sooner. DH orders his families stuff on cyber Monday (but he doesn't have as much to buy).

Anyway, I used to start in July, (but not the past few years), well I'm not holding off anymore, I will be shopping starting tomorrow for the next week because when black Friday comes I will be finished! Then we can decorate that weekend, sit back and watch everyone else run around! (Namely my adult kids who wait till the last minute to finish every year even though they go out on black Friday to shop too, they don't get finished till the last day!). And every year I have to hear how stressed they are! Well start earlier! lol. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

We've just had Halloween, and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. I will not do Christmas until we have enjoyed Thanksgiving! With online shopping, it's no big deal. Relax!

Super Contributor

@Shorty2U I'm so excited it's finally getting closer!

I've had a lot of good natured ribbing over the years, but I usually start my Christmas shopping in January. I keep my eye out for clearance/sales, whether online or offline. With my budget and work schedule starting super early and doing a bit here and there just makes sense for me. By Thanksgiving weekend I can focus more on the rest of the season's festivities and just flat out merry-making Smiley Happy.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t even think Christmas 🌲until after Thanksgiving 🍗!! I will not rush my life away.I want to enjoy every minute of it!!

Honored Contributor

I believe, all we are getting on radio and t.v. is black friday ads.

i don't even go near shoppping areas because of the throngs of people.

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

We've just had Halloween, and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. I will not do Christmas until we have enjoyed Thanksgiving! With online shopping, it's no big deal. Relax!

Yeah I know..lol.. but its a big deal to me because I cant hike stores long and wait in line with my bad back. I do go to some stores for quick trips in and out at times when its empty, but mostly shop online so I don't trust shopping last minute with deliveries. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I don’t buy into the hype of Christmas.  It’s a holiday for retailers.  It means spending money on things people don’t want or need and stressing yourself out preparing for about 12 hours of a day that comes once a year.

i prefer to slow down and share the day with family.  I only buy gifts for the grand kids and give cash to my grown kids.  I accept no gifts from my children or husband or anyone else.  If I want something, I’ll just purchase it for myself.  I got tired of donating stuff I received as gifts then felt guilty about it.

So, for me, the whole season is about relaxing and spending some family time.

Respected Contributor

I just can't get worked up about gifts and decorating months and months in advance.  I love Christmas and the Christmas season.  It seems like people need 6 months to prepare for it now.

I love the holidays - the decorating, the shopping, the gatherings, the excitement.  I like to enjoy each season for what it is.