Respected Contributor

Re: Can you Believe this Bride???

[ Edited ]

I don’t question the news sources on which it was reported, just whether or not we are all being played (including the news sources). 

Respected Contributor

Cancelled four days before? Doesn't make sense. She would of lost all her money on down payments to vendors not to mention the paid airline tickets to Aruba. I think its fake.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

No idea if this particular story is true but wouldn’t be surprised.

We had neighbors who emigrated from Siberia to give their 6 year old daughter, at the time, a better life.

Go forward 15 years when the daughter and mother plan her wedding.

No money but wow the expensive plans. The older children from Siberia sent some money to help pay.

We weren’t invited which was fine but we did give $50 in a card.

Afterwards the mother invites me over to see the pictures. This wedding cost way north of $45k but I can’t remember how much. 

As she's showing me the pictures shes complaining about how cheap people were. They gave gifts instead of lots of money. I guess she planned on that to help pay.

We never got a thank you for our measly $50 and they had to file for bankruptcy shortly after. Their credit card companies were calling us asking us to go over and ask them to call them about their account. Guess they look up addresses close by and contact the residents to contact the debtor when said debtor won’t take their calls.

Honored Contributor

Real or not, it is a snapshot of what does go on in many young people's minds and lives these days. 

If this story isn't real, there is one out there just about like it that is. Probably a lot more than one.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have kids who are teens and I can tell you they’d be just as appalled as the rest of us!

Esteemed Contributor

Sound like “FAKE NEWS” to me 🙃

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I have kids who are teens and I can tell you they’d be just as appalled as the rest of us!

Thank you!

@GenXmuse

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If ever there was someone perfect for eloping...it is this bride...(or bridezilla)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many brides think they are entitled to a lavish, over-the-top wedding, regardless of whether they have any money or not. Perhaps they see too many on tv.  I knew a divorced mother who actually took out a loan against her house in order to pay for a huge wedding for her 19 year-old, pregnant-and -already-showing daughter because her ex wasn't anywhere to be found when it came to paying for anything. I do think many of the outlandish and greedy invitations come from the bride and not the parents of the bride..at least I hope so. I would be so embarrassed to ever send anyone an invitation with $ demands.

Honored Contributor

This just has to be a fake story.  I would hop e it is, and there is not a human being alive who would be this bold and tacky.