Valued Contributor

Re: Can you Believe this Bride???

That woman is crazy!! That ex fiancé should be so glad that he dodged a bullet!!! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm suspicious that this is real.  If it is, the young lady is diagnosable.  If it is a made-up story, the writer is diagnosable.

Respected Contributor

Only 40 of her "bestest" friends were asked to pay, or were there only 40 people total?    (Or can I not do math lol)

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I'm suspicious that this is real.  If it is, the young lady is diagnosable.  If it is a made-up story, the writer is diagnosable.

@Free2be  I wouldn't go so far as to say the writer is diagnosable.  The writer may have been satirical and culling from what he/she observes with the insanity surrounding weddings.

Like the honeymoon jar on the tables.  Smiley Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

No way this is true.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, I've decided that I don't want a wedding that is so hurtfull and expensive for the people I hold so dear.  DH and I have decided to elope and I hope that you all understand.  To show you really do care about us as much as we care about you, please send 800.00 each (including your precious children, their spouses and offspring) to the following address:

Please make checks payable to me and I will send you a wonderful email showing how much I love each and every one of you.  I may even include a picture of us on our honeymoon.  If I can afford to.  That depends on you all. Smiley Happy 

You are so welcome for not having to endure the pressures and expenses of current wedding practices.  We are happy to help.  That's what true friends and family do.

Love you all,

Preds ... Bride to Be (If I can afford it).  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Well, that bride for certain got more than the 15 minutes she was due.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

@Free2be  I wouldn't go so far as to say the writer is diagnosable.  The writer may have been satirical and culling from what he/she observes with the insanity surrounding weddings.

Like the honeymoon jar on the tables.  Smiley Tongue

It's beyond satirical.  It's creating a reality that isn't -- or probably, imo.  It's on the lines of the mistake Orson Welles made.  Most people aren't amused when led down a path of make believe when they aren't in on the fallacy.  But I agree it could have been satire if we were all in on it.

As long as brides are going to be taken down a notch, how about mothers of newborns who want an expensive gift for delivering?  Same pricipal of entitelment for somethng beautiful that has intrinsic value of it's own than anything $$$ can buy.  That Gimme Gimme seeps in this hallowed event deserves a broader awareness of this societal scar.

Honored Contributor

Supposedly the bride's cousin went on a wedding shaming forum on FB and said this is definitely true.

And Fox News is reporting this as a legit story. 

Respected Contributor

I agree it's not a real story.