Honored Contributor

Re: Can we talk about Prince Louis?

They do seem to have fun times together whether planned or unplanned.   I love that we see them in everyday situations.

Prince George, Charlotte, Louis Hit Jubilee Pageant With Will, KatePrince George, Charlotte, Louis Hit Jubilee Pageant With Will, KatePrince George: Latest News, Photos & Videos From The Young Royal - HELLO!

Duchess of Cambridge, George, Charlotte and Louis bake cakes for the  Platinum Jubilee - daytonews

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@lgfan I recall Charotte sticking out her tongue at reporters in the car window about that age.. Your pic of Harry reminded me of that one.

Esteemed Contributor

Royal or not the little dude is a normal 4 year old. .  These days especially unless they are in front of a screen they have the attention span of a gnat.

I'm an adult and I would have been itching to get out of there after sitting for a long time.

I can't imagine raising my kids with all that public scrunity and hoping your kids behave perfectly when you are out and about.

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand a 4 yo being rambunctious, but his behavior towards his Mother tells me that he has done this before and nothing was done about it.  It's almost getting too late to settle him down.  They better get a handle on it or he will run them ragged.  This kid needs some behavior adjustment.  No way would I tolerate that!!

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

While Prince Louis is acting like many four year olds do with his antics, I am sure he is being disciplined by his parents.  Prince Louis will change with age, his behavior and demenor befitting a Prince.

@spiderwJudging by photos throughout the years of their children, it appears Kath (the mother) is the disciplinarian.  You never/rarely see their father inter acting w/his children.  Very standoffish like his father was w/him & Harry. 

Maybe Prince William is very much active w/his children in private.  Publicly, I've never seen it.

Prince Charles was the same.  Very standoffish w/William & Harry publicly.

On Thursday during the Trooping of Colours while they were on the balcony, Prince William did tell Charlotte & George to behave as they started to act up after seeing Louis make his faces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@debfau wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@spiderw wrote:

While Prince Louis is acting like many four year olds do with his antics, I am sure he is being disciplined by his parents.  Prince Louis will change with age, his behavior and demenor befitting a Prince.

@spiderwJudging by photos throughout the years of their children, it appears Kath (the mother) is the disciplinarian.  You never/rarely see their father inter acting w/his children.  Very standoffish like his father was w/him & Harry. 

Maybe Prince William is very much active w/his children in private.  Publicly, I've never seen it.

Prince Charles was the same.  Very standoffish w/William & Harry publicly.

On Thursday during the Trooping of Colours while they were on the balcony, Prince William did tell Charlotte & George to behave as they started to act up after seeing Louis make his faces.

@spiderw I am guessing you didn't see the video of Prince William blowing kisses and waving goodbye to Louis when the left on Saturday morning. Or the video a few months ago when him and Louis were playing in the park. None were done by professional photographers they were shot by passerby so no mugging for the camera was done.

I haven't slugged through all the replies but I am so happy to know that none of you who are so judgmental were the parents of the bratty kids I have encountered over the years. You know, the ones screaming in the stores or at the mall or the ones who's kids were out of control at a restaurant. Nah, none of you, your kids would never have acted like that. 

well mine did act up in public and yes, they were disciplined and we have left many a restaurant asking the kitchen to pack up our food before we were served because my kids were not cooperating. Believe it or not, my kids didn't have mental issues, there was parental involvement and they were disciplined appropriately and now are honor roll college students. 

Honored Contributor

He's adorable for sure. Agree on that 100%.

I also think he shouldn't have been put in such a highly public situation where his self control was tested that much, for that long. Any 4 year old might pull the same capers and hardly anyone would notice, but they wouldn't be in the tabloids the next day.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Prince Louis, 4, goes viral once more throughout Queen Elizabeth's ...

Clip Of Prince Louis Shushing Mom Kate At Jubilee Sparks Media Debate

Ooooh. If I had done either of those things to my mom growing up...I would have instantly regretted it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Mz iMac

Yes, publicly there doesn't seem to be much interaction between father and children as is with Kate and children.  However, what goes on in their private settings, we don't know.  

I saw a couple of documentaries about Prince Charles and his activism in different causes.  During the documentary William and Harry spoke highly of their father and praised him for his projects.  It was nice to hear with all that went on during their lives.