@Imaoldhippie 

Well said!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can we talk about Prince Louis?

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@occasionalrain 

Really??

Royal fans may have seen the cheeky moments from Prince Louis at the Platinum Jubilee Pageant when he was spotted pulling faces and sticking out his tongue at mum Kate. But it seems the youngest of the Cambridge children wasn't the only royal who misbehaved.

Mike and Zara Tindall's daughters Mia, eight, and Lena, three, were caught having a bit of a scrap as they sat in the Royal Box at Sunday's event.

READ: Mike Tindall's hilarious attempts to keep Prince Louis under control at Pageant

As Lena perched on her dad's lap, she was seen reaching over and hitting her older sister who was clapping her hands as the parade passed. Mia then clapped Lena back before pulling hard on her little sister's arm, after which she got a telling off from Mike.

There are pictures of Savannah Phillips pushing her cousin Prince George down a small hill during an equestrian event.George went flying! Kids will be kids and to put them on display for the world to pick apart, you have to expect the criticism, no matter how petty and uninformed. 

Unless the child is under threat of a beating or something equally as bad, they are going to act like kids.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

While Prince Louis is acting like many four year olds do with his antics, I am sure he is being disciplined by his parents.  Prince Louis will change with age, his behavior and demenor befitting a Prince.

@spiderwJudging by photos throughout the years of their children, it appears Kath (the mother) is the disciplinarian.  You never/rarely see their father inter acting w/his children.  Very standoffish like his father was w/him & Harry. 

Maybe Prince William is very much active w/his children in private.  Publicly, I've never seen it.

Prince Charles was the same.  Very standoffish w/William & Harry publicly.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I agree, he should have been left at home. Parents know their child and what to expect, so Louis's  behavior wouldn't have been a surprise. 

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Anyone and I mean anyone that expects any 4 year old to set through an adult event and not be a typical kid is delusional!

Why would anyone put a child through it?  Leave them home until they are of an age to be interested and know how to behave.  IMO that is totally unfair to the child.  I dont care if they are royalty a kid is a kid.

There are a lot of people who have no experience with children, have no children in their families, don't have children within their circle of friends.

We would get a beating if we acted up in public. That's what kept us quiet- fear. Not good for any child. And in fact, we have an entire generation on opioids and depression and anxiety medication because of it.

I believe the Cambridges are under obligation to the public to display their children. They do it in a thoughful way, but there are some occasions they all have to show up. Again, out of a sense of duty.

Glad others in the family can decide to live their lives differently.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lena Tindall, 3, was wore out too and being comforted by Kate in this pic.

I understand that the British public wanted to see the children, but I agree that a few minutes on the balconies over the 4 day celebration would've been enough, then let them go play in the castle w/nannies, snacks and distractions.

After all, who gets to say that, right?......I'm going to play in the castle now! LOL! 

kate-middleton-mia-tindall

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I don't remember seeing the Queen's children much at all as they grew up. Not at all sure why, but I do know  their young days was such a different time in history, in the media, even in the technology available to the general public that I wasn't even aware of Elizabeth until her father died and she had to assume the throne.

Honored Contributor

He will probably be a character when he grows up!  lol!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww, he's just a wee 4 year old.  If he had been "left at home" what speculation would have been swirling aroung that issue!

They may be Royals but they are still people.  It's title with privilege; being human comes first.

The picture is funny, though.  He just might be a handful and that is ok.

Let him be. 

It was a long 4 days and he also has young cousins plus his own siblings.  I'm sure it isn't all perfect behavior when all are together.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Anyone and I mean anyone that expects any 4 year old to set through an adult event and not be a typical kid is delusional!

Why would anyone put a child through it?  Leave them home until they are of an age to be interested and know how to behave.  IMO that is totally unfair to the child.  I dont care if they are royalty a kid is a kid.

There are a lot of people who have no experience with children, have no children in their families, don't have children within their circle of friends.

We would get a beating if we acted up in public. That's what kept us quiet- fear. Not good for any child. And in fact, we have an entire generation on opioids and depression and anxiety medication because of it.

I believe the Cambridges are under obligation to the public to display their children. They do it in a thoughful way, but there are some occasions they all have to show up. Again, out of a sense of duty.

Glad others in the family can decide to live their lives differently.

We wouldn't get a beating altho we did get spanked for high offenses. Mostly my mother would take us out of whatever situation we were in and put us in time out.  I appreciate that neither Kate nor William could do that at the moment tho. 

My little brother was a pistol and my mother was always taking him out of the church, out of restaurants, out of family gatherings.  That child and my mother missed out on a lot, lol. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi