Trusted Contributor

Re: Can we talk about Prince Louis?

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

I'm betting Louis and his siblings are mostly raised by nannies so who teaches and disciplines them for the most part,  Kate & William or the nanny?

They only have one nanny. She has been with them since George was born. Catherine and William have been very open that they are hands-on. They cook dinner most nights as a family, and William and Catherine do the school runs. This has been discussed openly in interviews. When Covid hit, they left London and hunkered down with minimal staff at their country home for over a year. William said when the schools were shut down, Catherine did most of the Homeschooling by herself and she and the kids spent a lot of time In their gardens.

Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

For those mentioning church.....our church (Catholic) has a Cry Room.  It is essentially a sound proof room that has a large glass window that lets you see the goings on at Mass including the audio.  It has pews like the rest of the church.  It is mainly for parents with babies and toddlers.  💒

@SloopJohnB , that is exactly what we had when I was young but it was called the "Bawl room".  I was always looking for the balls and wondered why there weren't any in there.  lol

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

For those mentioning church.....our church (Catholic) has a Cry Room.  It is essentially a sound proof room that has a large glass window that lets you see the goings on at Mass including the audio.  It has pews like the rest of the church.  It is mainly for parents with babies and toddlers.  💒

@SloopJohnB , that is exactly what we had when I was young but it was called the "Bawl room".  I was always looking for the balls and wondered why there weren't any in there.  lol

@Wsmom  Lol....aww, that's funny!  I guess the room goes by different names depending on the area.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@Northray 

You must remember, Kate is not permitted to hand him a phone or ipad to keep him busy like most mothers do.  She also has everyone watching their every move and she cannot scold him in public.  It is very difficult and for those who criticise her have forgotten how little boys can act at that age.  For heavens sake, he is a child being asked to sit for hours watching something that he has zero interest in.  I would not call his behavior adorable, but he is just a little boy, barely 4, and you all need to lighten up.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain 

All children are different; my own daughter had two quiet little girls and when her son came along he had an entirely different lively personality!  Same parents, different personalities.  Don't compare.

Valued Contributor

I don't have to read every reply to know that some posters will say how awful this was and that 1000% their kid/grandkid/themselves "never" would behave like this and their own family members were/are perfect little darlings.

In my personal opinion and I honestly feel this is a factual statement, there is NO kid that acts perfect 24/7/365. You're fooling no one if you think otherwise.

He's 4 years old, probably up way past his bedtime or had no nap, and on top of it is on public display for millions of people to critique his every single move with a million cameras in his face. I don't know many adults who could handle that!! Give this literal kid a freakin break!!!! I thought it was cute and shows he's a real human being and not a robotic mannequin.
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Prince Louis, 4, goes viral once more throughout Queen Elizabeth's ...

Clip Of Prince Louis Shushing Mom Kate At Jubilee Sparks Media Debate

Ooooh. If I had done either of those things to my mom growing up...I would have instantly regretted it.

@Porcelain   This is a 4-year-old child with the attention span of a puppy who wants to play and be rambunctious like a kitten or a puppy.  He does not understand 3 days of adult activities.  He is trying to get his mother's attention, to let her know he is not happy and the only way seems to cover her mouth.  He knows that she is talking to him but he is not allowed to tell her to take him out of this circus.  He is typical of what my children did when I first took them into the big sanctuary at church but if you knew those 3 boys now, you would not be able to imagine these very polite, well-mannered *more than most men* could ever have been such behavioral problems at times when they were put in adult situations for hours on end.

Honored Contributor

Must we?? a 4 year old kid, bored out of his gourd, looking at weird old people in funny costumes---  "nuff said!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Must we?? a 4 year old kid, bored out of his gourd, looking at weird old people in funny costumes---  "nuff said!!!

@wagirl 

Thank you.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

He's just a baby. People can't expect babies to act like tiny adults- it doesn't work that way. Brains don't develop fully until a human is in their 20s. 

With that said, I am THRILLED this was not one of the Sussex children, because the haters would be out for blood. The pics and ensuing internet debate over little Louis is a good reason to keep your kids away from public spectacle.

@JamandBread My mom would not have put up with that for a hot second.  To me it's petty bratty behavior.  I don't think his mom was very delighted either.  It happens, it's kids, but it's not a good thing to be that disrespectful at that age.  No matter whose kid it is.