Trusted Contributor

Can this be done and if so, how do I do it?

I saw a cabinet I would like to put in my basement for storage on Amazon, at $241.10.  It does not have any  shipping fee but it is not brought into the house.  It is $9.99 if I want it brought to the nearest dry area in my house and $19.99 if I want it delivered to the room of my choice inside my house. 

Menard's has the same cabinet for $208.26.  But it is $129.00 for delivery.  

Do you think I can get Amazon to sell it to me for the Menard's price and still have the shipping choices?

Please, I already know that it is cheaper to buy it from Amazon so I don't pay the $129.00 delivery fee, but I'm wondering if they will match Menard's price.  $33 is $33 to me.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can this be done and if so, how do I do it?

It's worth a try. All they can do is say "no" and they might just say "yes"!

Honored Contributor

I just googled "does Amazon price match" and the answer was no.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @gidgetgh.  I neve thought of googling it.  @candyagain , thanks for your response.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss   I Googled "Does Amazon price match?" and found this:   "We strive to maintain competitive prices on everything we carry. Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching. For more information about used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace sellers, go to About Ordering from a Third-Party Seller."

Is it feasible for you to go to Menard's to make the purchase in person? 

Edited to add:  Sorry, @gidgetgh   You must've posted while I was typing.  
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@wismiss   I Googled "Does Amazon price match?" and found this:   "We strive to maintain competitive prices on everything we carry. Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching. For more information about used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace sellers, go to About Ordering from a Third-Party Seller."

Is it feasible for you to go to Menard's to make the purchase in person? 

Edited to add:  Sorry, @gidgetgh   You must've posted while I was typing.  

It's true that Amazon does not match prices. If this is another seller on Amazon, it might be possible.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@wismiss    Is your cabinet something which must be assembled?  If so, it could be carried to the location in pieces. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think you'd do better with Menards. They are local to you and the delivery people have experience delivering cabinets. If something went wrong you could go to the store and raise Cain. If something went wrong with Amazon, you might get your money back but good luck actually talking to anybody directly involved.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Amazon does a great job in customer service as far as I am concerned.  The chat option is how I handle all of my CS complaints/help with them.   I would give Amazon a try if it doesn't work out, you can always return it and then go to Menard's.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wismiss    Is your cabinet something which must be assembled?  If so, it could be carried to the location in pieces. 

Exactly.  I had many such kits delivered to my house when I moved here last year.  The delivery people dropped them off in front of my garage. 

I opened the boxes and brought the individual pieces into my garage.  Discarded the boxes and the  packaging pieces into my trash containers, also in the garage.