Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't we do something about Flo ??

What I would really like is for the insurance companies to stop pumping money into commercials and reduce my rates.
Trusted Contributor

I like Flo. Her family ones are hilarious. 

There is a newer one with Carnie Wilson. 

Super Contributor

Stephanie Courtney who plays Flo has been in many other movies and TV shows. Last year alone she was in 2 Broke Girls, Comedy Bang Bang and You're the Worst.

She looks very different with lighter brown hair and softer make up...not Flo's cat eyes.

Honored Contributor

kaybee wrote:

Stephanie Courtney who plays Flo has been in many other movies and TV shows. Last year alone she was in 2 Broke Girls, Comedy Bang Bang and You're the Worst.

She looks very different with lighter brown hair and softer make up...not Flo's cat eyes.

Oh yeah!  'You're the Worst' is the sitcom I saw her in recently with a recurring part.  I couldn't remember the name of the show. I liked the show and I think it's coming back, but not certain.  She owned a little book store, IIRC, and I wanted to see more of her.  I do like Stephanie.  Just cannot stomach Flo.  Smiley Happy

I also wished she was there longer and had more lines in Mad Men but, alas, she was gone in season two.  She played one of the switchboard operators in the original office.

Respected Contributor

I'll take a thousand Flo commercials over all the pharmaceutical ads and their side-effects any day.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Occasional Contributor

So funny.....my brother cancelled his insurance through Progressive and told his insurance agent  it was because he couldn't stand Flo!  We all had a good laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Flo in the Progressive commercials ... haven't we had enough of her? ... can't we start a petition to get her off the air? ... or am I the only one that uses the mute button when she comes on? ...

I don't feel as strongly as you do, but I never understood what was supposed to be entertaining about her.  IMO she's easy enough to ignore, but I've never thought those commercials were cute, funny, or entertaining.  

Not awful, but nothing special.  It's probably time for them to move on to something else.

Respected Contributor

I confess to not reading all the replies, so do not know whether I am alone in this.  I certainly hope I am not.

This thinking, "Can't we do something about Flo??," is bothersome to me.  When did we reach the point in our society that we think we have the right to go after, "do something about," someone we tire of?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irish1210 wrote:

Congratulations Ad Men and Women.............Mission Accomplished!!!! 

You have people talking about your client's product!!

Job Well Done ~~~~~

PS....Love Flo!

Yes. Except that I never think of Progressive when I think of Flo.  For me, the brand recognition is just not there.  So I've certainly seen Flo over & over, but Progressive is just not on my radar at all.  

I think the point of talking about a client's product is to be talking about the product.  But people are talking about Flo, not the product.

Obviously, these commercials must be doing well for the company, though.

(I do like the actress, just not this particular character or ad campaign.  JMO!)

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindaj46 wrote:

I love flo! I think the commercials are great! Keep them coming!

Me too. I love Flo. She's sweet, kind, cute, informed, and I love her voice.  I think her commercials are witty and I actually enjoy watching them. 

The Geico gekko is ridiculous, as are all Geico's commercials. When I see one come on, I have to mute it. Can't stand it!! 

I don't watch all that much tv, and even less of network tv, so fortunately I don't see too many commercials. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett