Regular Contributor

Re: Can't we do something about Flo ??

Personally I like her very much and would miss her face!!  We all have commercials we either love or hate so just turn the channel when she comes on.

"You never know when the last time is the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

No, humpty dumpty, it's not just you.  My husband often comments that he's tired of "Flo" and thinks it's time to retire her.  Yes, it was cute at first, but like many things, over time some people will tire of it.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I read an article where they did try and phase her out (remember the commercials with that guy with the mustache and aviator sunglasses a couple of summers ago?) and the backlash was so huge they brought her back pronto.

Respected Contributor

Every time I think I am getting tired of those commercials, they do one that is especially funny and inventive.

Honored Contributor

I think Geico has done a good job of having two types of commercials.  One with the gekko and one I saw this morning that made me laugh out loud.

It was set in the middle ages and it appears they are about to torture this one guy.  After the "boss" leave the room, they flip everything around and the "tortured guy" turns out to be the net in the ping pong tournament . . . really well done, very funny.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I love Flo.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Careful! The 12-year old moderators will get you for this!

Contributor

Sorry humpty dumpty I enjoy Flo. All I can say is that this too shall pass.Woman Happy                 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh no, it's not just you.  It's just you who spoke up. We change the channel whenever she comes on.  They need to get a duck or a lizard or some cartoon character.  It feels to me like a situation where they can't come up with something new. Old and tired IMHO.  Yes, this too shall pass, but not soon enough for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like Flo.