Honored Contributor

Re: Can't catch a break it seems

On 1/5/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 1/5/2015 croemer said:
On 1/5/2015 CelticCrafter said:

Holy moley croemer.

We expected it to rise...but where shocked at how much Celtic.

Is that health insurance, croemer?

Yes Noel it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor

My health insurance, went from $377/mo last year on Blue Cross to $608/mo this year on the cheapest plan of the ACA. One drug which had a copay of $20 went to $220 on the new plan. Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

Holy moley croemer.

Yes Noel it is.

croemer,

My daughter was at Costco yesterday and told me they're now offering a health care plan. I don't know anything about it, but they're known for good group plans. Maybe some here would find it worthwhile to check into.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Holy moley croemer.

Is there more to the story? For instance, did one of you retire and needed to go on the other's plan?

Honored Contributor

No one retired Georgie...we have had to go with a higher deductible and pay for our own doctors visits now...trying to hold onto our preferred insurance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

It's a struggle for most all. We had 10 cents per gallon of gasoline added to our already high prices. They were never as low as some of the other states and never will be. Fees and prices just keep rising.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

On 1/5/2015 Love Roses said:

It's a struggle for most all. We had 10 cents per gallon of gasoline added to our already high prices. They were never as low as some of the other states and never will be. Fees and prices just keep rising.

You must live in PA. I just hope they use the additional tax dollars to fix the bridges in PA. They are in a terrible state of disrepair.

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

I must have a clever financial adviser managing my retirement investment, I saw quite a few gains this year. Also have earned back any losses from past years.

Hmm, me too and I'm in charge of our investments.

My husband is retired and his insurance went up $40/mo. We don't qualify for subsidies for me and mine went up $50/mo, with a reasonable deductible. I paid zero (!) for my recent knee replacement.

Super Contributor

No one retired Georgie...we have had to go with a higher deductible and pay for our own doctors visits now...trying to hold onto our preferred insurance.

Your cost has increased $146/person per month. Obviously I don't know what type of insurance you have or what it cost you and your husband in total, but unfortunately, insurance is one of those intangible necessities in our lives.

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 tansy said:
On 1/5/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

I must have a clever financial adviser managing my retirement investment, I saw quite a few gains this year. Also have earned back any losses from past years.

Hmm, me too and I'm in charge of our investments.

My husband is retired and his insurance went up $40/mo. We don't qualify for subsidies for me and mine went up $50/mo, with a reasonable deductible. I paid zero (!) for my recent knee replacement.

Good for you tansy! I paid about $5,000 of the total cost of $48,000 on each of my knee replacements.