Honored Contributor

Can't believe I just did this

I just was on a list for a golden pup, born today, i just turned it down,  not ready yet, still greiving  over spirit.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Can't believe I just did this

Only you can know when you will be ready . . .

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

You will know when the time is right....spirit will let you know Heart

Honored Contributor

Thanks,  i want to do right by a puppy, too soon my heart told me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

To get another dog is not an attempt to replace the Love of your Life Dog. It is simply to help bring you comfort and continue to experience the joy of loving as life goes on. My husband and I believed that we would NEVER be ready to get another dog after our beloved (and worshipped) Goober died. But some force greater than myself drew me to a chance(?) meeting with a breeder five months later and we ended up getting a 12 week old pup. He is our Life Blood at this point, and yet we know that Goober was our heart, and we think of him with great love as we play with our new, precious and adored baby.

Esteemed Contributor

Your perfect baby will be waiting for you when YOU are ready.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest Your heart will let you know when you feel that seperation from a wet nose and a loving friend that it is truly time!  Go easy on yourself and know that loving another is not forsaking all others that came before.

Valued Contributor

I totally understand and I think you did the right thing.

When we lost our precious girl just over 3 years ago, I was inconsolable.   My husband called our breeder and she said a litter had just been born.  He reserved one for us and when he told me, I said I couldn't do it. He knows I can't live without a dog and figured in 3 months, when we would be picking her up, I would feel differently.

Well, 3 months came quickly and I still didn't feel ready.  Still, we went to pick up our puppy.  I had a hard time at first.  It took months till I could really form a bond with this dog.  Of course, I still played with her, hugged and kissed her and I think (hope) she felt loved.  But it wasn't fair to her or me.  Now, I can't imagine not having her in the family.

I know how much you have been wanting a Golden puppy, but if you feel in your heart you just can't do it yet, then you must listen to your heart....and you do have Cambridge.  A puppy will come to you at the right time.

Valued Contributor

@furbabylover - What a beautiful post!  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest - I agree with everyone else. The "right time" has always found us, even when it seems too soon. And that puppy will be lucky to find you. You will know when your heart is ready. (((HUGS)))