Honored Contributor

Re: Can't always understand all the virus precautions?

I see a lot of hyperbole.

I don't find the precautions to be confusing. I would if I were to believe statements made by those who have zero scientific background and just want to see what they want to see.

Honored Contributor

This pretty much sums it up (or it doesn't !)!

It's been one conflicting thing after another. 

In my opinion, it's to be expected with anything new/unknown. It's to be expected with anything dangerous/potentially dangerous, scary. It's expected to be like this with anything that can be made political, and has been by both sides (or maybe sever or eight different sides!). 

Funny post, and true. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart ...not true...DH and I did not flunk science...we want the right to open and run our business.  Now if you want to send financial resources my way...have at it.

We can do two things at once...be safe and operate a business. just like the big box stores that seem to be more 'essential'...how that determination came to be I will never understand.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

All I can figure out in today's situation is --- no one seems to know why exactly this happened --- or so they say!  Speculation.....

And no one seems to know what all the symptoms are and what they are doing to the human body.

No one seems to know exactly how this will be cured and when - if ever!

No seens to know exactly what precautions we should or shouldn't be taking and what really works or doesn't.  

No one seems to know what should be open or what shouldn't be open.

No one seems to know anything for sure....

All I know is I am old and have serious health issues, so I guess am expected to stay on basically house arrest for the foreseeable future!  Not a particularly happy or wonderful thought, but if they are now saying that the rest of the population has little to worry about and can carry on pretty much as usual, then what else is there to do for those of us who are older and not well?  I wear a mask and gloves, go out only when absolutely necessary and distance myself from practically everyone.  I use the common sense I have and pray a lot.  

@AngelPuppy1, actually, most of your points of confusion don't confuse me at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not buying the idea that this is just a bit of humor. I find it very pointedly playing on the idea that no one knows what they're doing, which for some negates all precautions and advice.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch  I didn't have a problem understanding that your post was tongue in cheek. I think in light of this pandemic a lot of people are taking things too personally. We really must keep our sense of humor. Things are tough enough without everyone jumping down everyone's throat. We are all on edge, let's try to be kind and give each other a break.❤️

Honored Contributor

It's funny cause it's true. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Thanks to all of you who recognized that this post was intended to be a moment of levity, during a stressful time.  It's a comedic take on the conflicting information we have ALL had to process.  

Of course, with a new virus, things are expected to change from day to day, often leaving us conflicted. I'm aware, and not assigning fault, just a little humorous reaction.

I'm a bit saddened that some have become defensive about feeling they've been called confused, or that I had some type of agenda.  Really?  I'm a health care professional,  and believe me, I've found a good deal to be confused about.  And, I'm not ashamed of it.  

C'mon people, we can't lose our ability to find laughter, even in times of tragedy. It releases much needed happy hormones and neurochemicals.

This was sent to me by a group of former RN coworkers, who are out on the front lines. They all found it hilarious.  They know that laughter really is the best medicine. And, they more than deserve, brief respites, from the seriousness of their situation. We ALL need this. 

@BlueFinch 

YOU SAID IT SISTER!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

That's good.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@CalminHeart ...not true...DH and I did not flunk science...we want the right to open and run our business.  Now if you want to send financial resources my way...have at it.

We can do two things at once...be safe and operate a business. just like the big box stores that seem to be more 'essential'...how that determination came to be I will never understand.

I feel so bad for small businesses.  They are getting a raw deal right now.  I'm sorry you're in this situation.

As far as my post goes....  Watch the news.  Go for a drive.  Look at protestors.  Look at the countless people who are gathering or partying.  Look at people who are shopping. Obviously, many people can't or won't follow basic precautions.  These people care only about themselves, not their impact on others.  That's what I mean about not being very bright/flunking basic science class in high school and being selfish.