Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Icegoddess  I ordered a couple of weeks ago, received someone else's order, Instacart wouldn't answer their phone, our grocery store wouldn't reimburse and said they had repeated problems with Instacart and that they were possibly going on strike. 

Luckily I used AmEx, filed a dispute and received credit the following day.

Maybe it differs from one area to the next?  

🌠

It surely must, @rockygems123 .

Since the crush of home delivery orders, Aldi's subcontracted instacart to do their home deliveries.

I had instacart deliver an Aldi order last week Saturday. They sent me a photo of "Omar" who would be at my home with the delivery.

The person who showed up was not the person in the photo. "Omar" was running some scam on his employer, instacart.

Further, the individual handling my order obviously didn't know or care about mitigating behavior. No gloves or mask, and I had to keep backing away.

At one point he cradled my watermelon in the crook of his neck, with his hair & face pressed against it, and one bare hand holding it in place on his shoulder.

I found my bananas in the bottom of a bag with canned goods and a heavy juice bottle thrown on top of them. (badly packed, smashed, bruised bananas is typical of my instacart experience.)

After I submitted a review of my experience, instacart replied that they'd contact me as soon as possible.

That was 7days ago. Not holding my breath.

Hedge, based on inventories at stores in my area I noticed that my Instacart person's name changed 3 times until they found a store with adequate inventory....Maybe thats what happened and the Instacart app failed to update the photo....they/ve been quite busy lately as more and more people opt for delivery rather than go to the store themselves....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Trust Instacart

[ Edited ]

@conlt wrote:

My friend had a problem on this past Thursday. She ordered Instacart from Publix, Aldi and CVS and only received her Aldi order. She said the Publix shopper texted her while shopping etc, but never showed up. The CVS shopper called her and said she was not doing this without a tip. Of course she would leave a good tip. She was very disappointed and did not get her groceries and CVS items. 

@conlt 

Ive never had that happen that the Instcart employee demanded a tip..... Did your friend include the tip on the APP or does she tip in cash????  Some people think they benefit the delivery person doing cash because the shopper gets the tip IMMEDIATELY.  However, with a cash tip the employee wouldnt know whether they would get a tip or not which may have been the problem....One sticking point with the Instacart employees that went on strike (not all of them did).....was they felt there should be a mandatory 5% tip, tips are suggested but if it was a large order and no tip was indicated on the APP itself I can understand why they'd decline your friends order...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

Another thing is I saw an instacart shopper in Publix rub her face, touch her lips, then proceed to go through soup cans in Publlix. I pointed that out to her and she just shrugged her shoulders. Then another was coughing near the carrots in the produce section. No effort to cover her cough. You have to wipe down the items when you get them. 

@conlt 

Instacart now provides FREE masks, gloves, and sanitizer to their employees....so it sounds like she was a bad employee that didnt take advantage of the protective equipment and I hope you indicated that comment in your rating....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@Carmie, our deliveries are prescheduled, there's no possible way to "skip to the front of the line" by offering a big tip.

@karabeth , I adjusted my tip after delivery for the first time last Saturday.  30% of my order wasn't available, had to throw out half the bananas, and the delivery style necessitated far more pre-cleaning than I'd anticipated.

As I expected, I'm in the middle of the "hottest" COVID-19 spot (zip), in the hottest city, in the hottest county in my state.

Instacart is responsible for training their employees in observing mitigating behaviour during the delivery. Why the heck do they think we're using their service?

From the article, it appears the shoppers can accept to pick up your order or not.  If the tip is large, they will be eager to accept your order.

i have never used this service.  When I tried to, delivery was promised 10 days in to the future.  Way too long for me to wait.

D9D39503-8194-44BF-9418-1214EE7C6236.jpeg

@Carmie 

It looks like CNN didnt relay all the facts..no mention that they do get an hourly wage in addition to their tips....

For Instacart personal shoppers, the pay is around $11 to $17 per hour. For the store shopper — who doesn't drive out to make deliveries — the average wage comes in at about $13.50. Lastly, the delivery driver is said to make around $15 per hour.Mar 30, 2020

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I really don't know how Instacart works, but I was just posting a warning.  Here is the actual news segment I was referring to.

https://www.waaytv.com/content/coronavirus-content/Madison-County-woman-warns-of-grocery-delivery-se...

I love these added facts that were missing from the original post--....

Taylor's total grocery bill was more than $200, but the food and supplies she ordered never showed up. She says the Instacart shopper claimed to be searching for her house but couldn't find it. After some back and forth communication, she then got a text message.

"[The] person is trying to get a hold of you, they can't find you, come outside," Taylor said. "So I went outside and obviously nobody was there and and I looked at the pin and she was now three hours away from where I was, so I knew at that point I was not going to get my groceries," Taylor said. 

WAAY31 reached out to Costco, we were told they have no comment. We also contacted Instacart, and were told if an order is not filled, customers can contact the company online. Instacart says they do "thorough background checks" on their shoppers. 

So it sounds like the customer didnt give the delivery driver a chance....and Instacart said the customer should have contacted them ....So in this case it appears the customer had remedies which she didnt take advantage of.....

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This could apply to any business. if true, the "shopper" was just a bad apple. I wouldn't hold it against the company.

We received our first delivery today. Although we went through our supermarket's website, they use Instacart. We were very pleasantly surprised.

We received many texts regarding avaiibility while the shopper was in the store. was there for two hours before getting into a long line.

We gave him some cash to supplement the tip we left for him online.

Today I received a  message from Instacart to give a review. It also included an option to increase the tip. I'll keep that in mind next time instead of giving the shopper cash.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I liked Instacart until today when I realized that there is no way to contact anyone when an order is not correct.  No phone service, can't answer emails, and the help center is useless, in addition to some shoppers not reading the standing instruction of NO REPLACEMENTS.  So, I am done.  If I need anything after two weeks, I will go to the store wearing a mask and gloves.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@conlt wrote:

My friend had a problem on this past Thursday. She ordered Instacart from Publix, Aldi and CVS and only received her Aldi order. She said the Publix shopper texted her while shopping etc, but never showed up. The CVS shopper called her and said she was not doing this without a tip. Of course she would leave a good tip. She was very disappointed and did not get her groceries and CVS items. 

@conlt 

Ive never had that happen that the Instcart employee demanded a tip..... Did your friend include the tip on the APP or does she tip in cash????  Some people think they benefit the delivery person doing cash because the shopper gets the tip IMMEDIATELY.  However, with a cash tip the employee wouldnt know whether they would get a tip or not which may have been the problem....One sticking point with the Instacart employees that went on strike (not all of them did).....was they felt there should be a mandatory 5% tip, tips are suggested but if it was a large order and no tip was indicated on the APP itself I can understand why they'd decline your friends order...

@Spurt   The tip is included, shows on my receipt, but people have the option to give more, HA!  It depends on the shipper, some don't follow instructions so incorrect items are delivered so enough of that racket for me.

Frequent Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@Carmie, our deliveries are prescheduled, there's no possible way to "skip to the front of the line" by offering a big tip.

@karabeth , I adjusted my tip after delivery for the first time last Saturday.  30% of my order wasn't available, had to throw out half the bananas, and the delivery style necessitated far more pre-cleaning than I'd anticipated.

As I expected, I'm in the middle of the "hottest" COVID-19 spot (zip), in the hottest city, in the hottest county in my state.

Instacart is responsible for training their employees in observing mitigating behaviour during the delivery. Why the heck do they think we're using their service?

From the article, it appears the shoppers can accept to pick up your order or not.  If the tip is large, they will be eager to accept your order.

i have never used this service.  When I tried to, delivery was promised 10 days in to the future.  Way too long for me to wait.

D9D39503-8194-44BF-9418-1214EE7C6236.jpeg

@Carmie 

It looks like CNN didnt relay all the facts..no mention that they do get an hourly wage in addition to their tips....

For Instacart personal shoppers, the pay is around $11 to $17 per hour. For the store shopper — who doesn't drive out to make deliveries — the average wage comes in at about $13.50. Lastly, the delivery driver is said to make around $15 per hour.Mar 30, 2020

The article actually did (kind of) mention that they make an hourly wage. Look at the very top line of the screenshot you posted, where it says she ended up making $8.95 from the order. The previous sentence (not on the screenshot) says that the entire tip was deleted -- and then she ended up making $8.95.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@conlt wrote:

@conlt 

@Spurt   The tip is included, shows on my receipt, but people have the option to give more, HA!  It depends on the shipper, some don't follow instructions so incorrect items are delivered so enough of that racket for me.

@mousiegirl 

I'm sorry you had a bad experience....What I do is when Im notified the shopper is there I focus on the app on my phone stay glued to it until the shopping is completed. And if I dont like a replacement or dont want something replaced, I immediately click disapprove and send a text to my shopper.  I am very deligent to catch them before they checkout....The shoppers are overwhelmed right now and trying to get as many orders processed as they can, so I'm right there as they shop to make sure my order is right.

The system will default to 5% but there's an option to totally decline to tip too...and you can adjust the tip up to 3 days after your order is delivered so if your shopper messes up you dont have to leave a tip....