Esteemed Contributor

I am an riser too. I have a cold this week but nyqul helped sleep otherwise milk helps and in an  hour i sleep                                                                                                                                                                                        

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot I think those dark chocolate covered shortbreads at TJ's are keeping you up . . . Smiley Happy

Feel better my friend!

Maybe I was dreaming about them chasing me through TJ's.

I need a nap now.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I woke up early too.  I wish my mind would sleep at the same time my body wants to sleep.  LOL

My nose was stuffy too - it's very humid out.  It rained all day yesterday and today is going to be in the high 50s, low 60s.

Yes, that's what it's like here with more rain to come tonite which we surely need in a bad way.

I think part of the stuffy nose thing is a reaction to the smoke in the air being blown in from the horrible, horrible wildfires to the South.  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I never went to bed.....was up all night sopping up water in my laundry room.The water heater sprung a leak in three places. Of course DH is out of town, so I was frantic trying to shut the water off outside, and it still wouldn't shut off, had to have the water dept. come out and turn it off down by the road on our property. Hope I can get a plumber out today to install a new one and get the water back on. I'm dirty and tired . ):

Oh, I'm so sorry!  I hope things are better this afternoon!!!

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

I am an riser too. I have a cold this week but nyqul helped sleep otherwise milk helps and in an  hour i sleep                                                                                                                                                                                        

Nyquil make me hyper and sleepless, the opposite of what it's supposed to do!  Can't take any of those things with that ingredient in it.

I usually sleep pretty well.  But last nite I just couldn't shut my mind down I think.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl Hope you got your problem solved and are now having a nice nap.It never fails that heck freezes over when there is nobody around to help.

Esteemed Contributor

My knees are a wreck. My GERD keeps me terribly uncomfortable. I am prisoner to insomnia. It's quite awful.

Super Contributor

Azcowgirl, my DH is no help in those kind of situations anyway, so I would just as soon he were gone when I took care of it, lol. Not in ANY WAY laughing at your situation because I have been there and done that, just AWFUL. My heart bleeds for you. That is a nightmare!!!!

We have replaced our hot water heater twice in the last 17 years. Fortunately caught both times before it burst, but I have heard a lot of horror stories here in this retirement community. This last recent time I asked the plumber who did it if he would come back yearly and maintain it. I think that is the key because DH has NO IDEA about any of that.

I know there is something you are supposed to do every year with it and if you don't it will never last.

Sorry to go off subject here!!!!!

In Sunny AZ