Regular Contributor

Re: Can't Believe What My Neighbor Just Did

@Hot Street wrote:

This neighbor also allows his trees to overgrow and hang over my wall in the back and the people to the north of us.   He never trims his tree.  His small backyard looks like a forest.   I have to get on a ladder and trim it all back every month.   He won't do a thing to keep up his property, so he really doesn't have the right to complain.

Again, the SUV in question is not right in front of his place.   Just maybe 1 foot.   The rest is parked in front of her own place.

Your friend poster "Apple Head" has the identical problems. I bet "Frosted Cake" does too.........maybe you could compare notes. 🤔😉

Honored Contributor

The sad thing about this individual is that it's HIS health that suffers from such a horrible, negative attitude....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

It's too bad the guy doesn't have better self control  In the scheme of life, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

However, it does remind me of a situation we had years ago when we lived in our first house.  We lived in the city, and our house was wonderful.  We kept it looking so nice, with yard kept up, etc.  The neighbor from across had an old truck that he drove.  I'm talking a broken down mess.  The type with a fender tied to it with rope type mess.  He would always park it in front of OUR house, instead of in front of his own!  We were glad to eventually move to an area where you can't park on the street at all, except for an hour or two.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Spraying water on a car just doesn't sound all that vicious to me. I'd welcome a good water hosing on my car! LOL

It isn't his car. He has no right at all to do anything to it. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Haven't read the replies yet, so don't know how far off the rails this has gone, but I will say that when we lived a place that had on street parking in front of each house, it was just common courtesy to NOT park anywhere but in front of your own property. That used to be the kind of consideration people gave one another back in the day, their space. There were only single family dwellings, all residential, no business, and most properties could get two cars on the street in front of their homes. All had driveways as well.

Yes, it is a public street, and yes, if someone on the street is having a get together and there are a lot of cars, nothing wrong with them being in front of others property for a short time, and should be expected/accepted. But some people think that they can take over the entire neighborhood. 

Was rather immature, what he did, but I don't think it could be considered vandalism and do we know if he has asked for the space in front of his home to be kept for his use? Sometimes people get tired of asking.

I lived in a place like this when I lived in South Buffalo. Most of the neighbors knew each other though and most were owners who had been there for years.  It was nice to have considerate people like that. I was visiting in NC once and we got 7 feet of snow while I was out of town, when I got back my next door neighbor had kept my entire driveway and walk way clear with snowblower. Even with a snowblower that was a lot of work. He refused to take a dime from me even when I sent him a check after he refused cash I tried to give him. I later made him cookies and sweets that he did accept. When I moved to a different street in the same city a year later, the street was mostly renters and it was completely different. Only a few knew each other and there wasn't even an option to park in front of your own house because most of the spaces were taken up by the time you got home.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK