Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't Believe What My Neighbor Just Did

Plus, I always think, maybe this person just lost a relative or got fired or had a terrible health diagnosis.   

Doing something like that is mean and childish.   I called the police to just ask them and they said she has a right to park there anytime.   The HOA has no laws against it.   She has to  move it the driveway at night, which she does.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Some neighorhoods have an unwritten rule..you don't park in front of someone else's house.  Perhaps that is why he so angry.  At any rate, he sprayed the car with water.  You say it's hot,  so it dried quickly.  The owner got a free car wash out of the deal.

Unwritten rules do not apply. If it is a public street, the parking space in front of his home is NOT his to control. But I would stay out of his way, anyway. He clearly has anger issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Our neighbors growing up would even paint the curb yellow so no one would park there. Even if you were an inch on his side he would ask you to move it. Some people are just funny that way. 

Trusted Contributor

She's not really "in front" of his house.   About from the back tire to the trunk is slightly in front of his place.   The front of the car is in front of her place.   She's not blocking any view.

Respected Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wish one of my neighbors would come and spray down my dusty car.  I'd take them a bucket of suds and they could use my hose.

Unless you wipe it down with a towel, the water just makes the car all spotted.  I live in a desert, there is dust here 24/7.   The car, which I looked at when I got my mail, looks like it went through a dust storm.

I lived right outside of PHX and parked car under overhang it did get some dust but nothing like I've experienced here in Alaska!  The car has a ridiculous amount of dust on it within a week..granted we had lots of pollen, but the actual dust/grit is constant year round.  I miss my garageSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wish one of my neighbors would come and spray down my dusty car.  I'd take them a bucket of suds and they could use my hose.

Unless you wipe it down with a towel, the water just makes the car all spotted.  I live in a desert, there is dust here 24/7.   The car, which I looked at when I got my mail, looks like it went through a dust storm.

Spraying cold water on a hot windshield can make small cracks in the glass run all the way across.  Made the mistake of doing that ..... once.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Spraying water on a car just doesn't sound all that vicious to me. I'd welcome a good water hosing on my car! LOL

What he did was wrong and just shows what an ignorant person he is...guess you could look at the bright side and be glad it was water!

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

My next-door neighbors have three cars for the two of them.  Two cars are in the driveway, and the extra car is just to keep parked in front of their house so no one else parks there.  Crazy.

My dad did that when we were little kids.  We had a garage on the side of our house and that is where he parked his truck and the family car.  The neighbors across from us had 4 cars in their household and one car driveway, the othe 3 were parked on the street.  To keep them from parking in front of our house, my dad had a "clunker" that was permanently parked in front of our house.  He only drove it on Sunday mornings,

to pick up our donuts and the sunday paper.  He did that for years until that family moved away and we got neighbors who respected the parking custom.  There is a differrence between what we can do and what we should do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are people bothered by someone parking on a public street in front of their house?

They do leave.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Our neighbors growing up would even paint the curb yellow so no one would park there. Even if you were an inch on his side he would ask you to move it. Some people are just funny that way. 

I do see some signs in my neighborhood, that say "resident parking only", on the street where anyone can legally park!  But I'll bet it does deter some people from parking in those areas.