Trusted Contributor

Christmas shopping - we give our children $$$, boom done. I'm always done the day after Christmas, for the next year.  haha

We buy a real tree & decorate.

Christmas dinner, depends how many people I have, but no extra decorations, just the tree.  If it's my DH and myself, it could be cornish hens, again, boom done.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can keep my credit card

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I've spent enough this month LOL Spent 100 on my sister's Christmas present over on HSN. She wanted a call blocker, so, she got it.

Husband's b'day is in Oct. gonna give him 100 and bought him a Lands End shirt now he's wearing it outside because it had double pockets ! pay for his b'day dinner next month. All he's getting from me.

Wanted a double recliner love seat with storage console in the middle

ran myself ragged , no such animal. Came home to Q and ordered a sure fit cover for my leather recliner with the console. Told myself make do

@SharkE Do you have an Ashley furniture store in your area?  I got mine from them and just checked.  They still have them.

Honored Contributor

double recliner love seat ? storage console in middle? you sure?

My husbands boss owns a Ashley franchise.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE - I bought the Kennard Reclining Love seat with console.  You can look it up on ashleyfurniturehomestore dot com.  They have at least 5 or 6 different styles of them.  Make sure you look under loveseats not recliners.

Honored Contributor

Thank you ! I'll check it out.

My husband will be mad at you hahahahahhahahahahahah

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't own a credit card, so I'm not worried.

How can you live without credit cards? LOL

can't rent motels, rent a car, etc. Lot of places won't take cash.

@SharkE

Motels & hotels take cash.

You can also rent a car w/cash.  You have to give them a cash deposit in order to make a final cash payment.

My SO has never owned a CC.  He's strickly cash & carry!  As far as I know, he has never come across a business that does not accept cash.

And I'll tell you one thing you can't do with cash, buy a drink on a plane.  They only take a CC.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I found here local (TX) a big ol' sofa that was 90 inches long, but, I got end tables on each side of my love seat recliner it's 65 inches. I have to stick within that measurement. The 90 in sofa was pretty and I could stretch out on it for sure at 5'5 tall, but, you would have to live in a castle for all that take up room

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I looked at them, but, I forgot I want one that the console swings up and out of the way to lay down on. I got the dark brown leather with console, I was wanting a small 'couchy' type of love seat. That is all in my mind. LOL

Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

No threat on my CCs this weekend.  How can we talk about Christmas on the Q??  It has a 'religious'  tie to it, does it not? MO

I'm really confused at this point.

There's "religious Christmas" and then there's "commercial Christmas" (for those of you who partake).  Perhaps those who are religious should be outraged by the Christmas-for-profit intent of QVC.

Respected Contributor

Christmas/holidays is/was a big thing in our house with the kids when they were little. 

These past few years..kids grown with spouses/SO...and I have two small grandchildren...by Christmas one will be 4.5 and the other almost 3... My daughter is over the top excited already for Halloween on up.   She has the soon to be three-year-old.

I work a very hectic job..commuting and in addition have severe hip/back issue. Just getting thru my day is enough lol...disabled hubby unexpectedly a few years ago..so even more to do...

I am always stressing to get everything done ...I would shop early if I knew what to get people..plus I also like the sales around the holidays.  I have been doing more and more online shopping...and this year point and click..Amazon, Toys R Us, Walmart, Overstock and Kohls..will be arriving at my door often!   Then I have to bribe or pay lol somebody to wrap!  This year..point and click and gift bags and they can help wrap! We do stockings for everybody and wrapping small gifts for 7 ..I hate lol..I may hoodwink as my grandfather would say..my cousin iand sister nto helping me..everybody is so busy these days lol..

I love summer..I love the heat...the pool...the beach and vacation..I hate when we have to close the pool for the season. I get in the spirit but it takes me a few weeks..then we can go pumpkin picking and to the corn maze and other fall fun things with the kids!

Credit cards are safe as I don't shop very often here. With their high prices I think and it takes forever to get an item. I am spoiled by Amazon! lol