Honored Contributor

For example: I go into walmart I got 50 on me in cash. I'm walking along I see something I've been trying to find for like forever. I say to self all you have is 50 , yeah, but, I have Walmart credit card. Bingo ! 

I own my own home and cars too, never paid any credit card interest either.  If somebody gets your number you just call up Visa, etc. and say that's not my charge and they take care of it for you. I've never had to pay for something I never charged. ONly happened to me once and they traced it to a kid in Cal who had got my number some way and charged a video game on it. His parents had to pay for it.

My sister's husband wouldn't allow her to have one. Soon as he died I got her up to the modern world. He was backwoods country. She's never paid interest either. Convenience, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE  There will be many credit cards, mine included, which will be carefully tucked this weekend.  Too bad.

While mine was firmly tucked away *last* weekend with all the clothes and face creams ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I call the hotel directly , also, but, my dates are confirmed in advance.

HOw would they know he's not gonna trash the room, raid the mini bar, etc.

steal towels, tv's.

That's the hotels problem not the customers.

When your on vacation who wants to carry around all that cash !

Typically a man! Sometimes, my man will get travelers checks if he expects to spend serious amts of $$$$ on a vacation.

I can drop some serious money on vacation and no way am I carrying hundreds, etc around on me. Get mugged and then be up the creek.

Typical female statement. Smiley LOL

Me personally, if I travel w/o the SO, I use my CC.

When I am w/the SO on vacation, he's my cash bank.  I walk arouond 24/7 like a chessie cat-->Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at Wed, Sep 21, 2016-11.01.25 PM.png4_17_207.gif

@SharkE

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Don't know what hotels you stay at , but, it's not their problem it's yours when they won't let U have a room without one and your in town and all the motels up and down the strip are full.

I was told the banks don't have travelers checks any more. back in the olden days we used to get them, too, but, I was told they went the way of the dinosaur..

I read a book on sheiks and oil rich countries one time and they send their wives out on shopping sprees and they send a man out with them and the man has suitcases full of cash. Guess they don't have credit cards over there. I could probably  get by shopping like that.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

No threat on my CCs this weekend.  How can we talk about Christmas on the Q??  It has a 'religious'  tie to it, does it not? MO

I'm really confused at this point.

You can talk about secular Christmas--shopping, gifts, cooking, etc. but not the reason for the season.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Can keep my credit card

[ Edited ]

AAA travel agencies is where you can still get traveler checks.  They have their own "travel" stores right inside the agency.

Not sure about other travel agencies.

@SharkE

Honored Contributor

Fee? I'll check it out.

Goodnight !  Nice talking to U !

Honored Contributor

You can always buy a vacuum.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

AAA Travel agencies in my neck of the woods have never charged a fee for their services. 

I've always enjoyed reading your postings.  I'm in awe of your  animated shark gif. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I have zero interest in Holiday shopping until after Thanksgiving period!!  I don't understand the obsession to Christmas/ Chanukah shop 6 months a year.To me it's anti- climatic period!!! I'll be saving my money this weekend!!!

After many years of my not being able to enjoy the season because I was stressing over getting everything done, I vowed this year I'm going to have major shopping done, gifts wrapped and home decorated by first weekend in December! In the past, I'd be cleaning up wrapping paper and ribbon while cooking Christmas dinner! Plus, I'd end up spending way too much out of frustration at not finding the right thing! I have already purchased some items which I've tucked away. When I see them, or think about them, my heart does a little dance!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.