Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone help with a Vegan lifestyle?

Thank you all so kindly for all of the valuable information. I really appreciate your help! I copied all of the comments and emailed them to myself so I can go through them. And to add, she did watch forks over knives, and she sent it to me to watch also (which I did, weeks ago). I will rewatch it again and take notes on that also.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Shorty2U: Fuhrman & McDougall both have large-based Facebook groups, respectively. And they're 'closed' meaning you can post without notification on your main feed. That might be another way to post questions w/ people who are living this lifestyle.
Honored Contributor

Shorty2U: One more thing...girl, you know I could talk about this all day!!

In the movie, "Fork Over Knives", along with many other doctors, Dr. Terry Mason is promptly featured. Dr. Mason has a weekly radio show on Sunday @ 10am CST on WVON1690 IHeartRadio that focuses on the Community in Chicago. I listen every Sunday...like my church of food! Ha.

It's something you & your GD might listen to bond. He talks about everything...milk not being good, ED as a first sign of heart disease in men...today he talked about constipation & all it entails. All these things could be eliminated/greater helped via a plant-based diet. It's a weekly show with fresh content & people calling in....the elderly ladies just love Dr. Mason! It's a hoot. Check it out.
Honored Contributor

Vegan Dad is one of my favorite vegan recipe sites.

Click here for Vegan Dad

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Dairy can sometimes be an unsuspected cause of joint pain. The only way to know if omitting it will help is to do a trial.
I eat almost no dairy and very very little grain, and feel better than I have in years.
Trusted Contributor

At some point, it would be advisable that she have some blood work done to be sure the diet can work for her. I was a vegetarian for six months, and it made me hungry, cranky and sick. My immune system kind of crashed, and I was ill more during that time than I have been in 15 years of low carbing. Half the people who have heart attacks are thin and have low cholesterol so what's healthy can vary.

What I find disturbing is that this film was shown in school. Without any kind of balance, it seems to be agenda driven.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.