Honored Contributor

You can at Macys and Dillards. (policy may be regional), not certain about other stores. Steinmart is going out of business and they also allow trying on clothes.

Like you if I cannot try on I will not purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

No way do I want try on clothing, especially intimates in Walmart, Target or any other large store.  Some smaller/boutique stores steam all items once tried on and returned to the rack. No clue what online stores which accept returns do. 

Super Contributor

I don't know about big box stores like Target but you can try on at all retail stores.  My area is behind opening everything but finally all retail fitting rooms are open.  Also, all mall stores were the first to open fitting rooms.  store hours are shortened considerably. 

Valued Contributor

All the stores I visit don't allow any trying on. Penney's, Kohls, Macy's and TJmax. 

My friend went to Talbots and they did allow it. 

I needed a swimsuit so I went to Penney's and bought about 4 and found 1 that fit and took the rest back. It was a bother but what else could I do? Penney's says they hold the returns for 72 hours before returning them to the floor. Who knows if that is true.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

@azgal wrote:

All the stores I visit don't allow any trying on. Penney's, Kohls, Macy's and TJmax. 

My friend went to Talbots and they did allow it. 

I needed a swimsuit so I went to Penney's and bought about 4 and found 1 that fit and took the rest back. It was a bother but what else could I do? Penney's says they hold the returns for 72 hours before returning them to the floor. Who knows if that is true.

@azgal I don't get why you can't try on clothing in the store, but you can take it home, try it on and return it? It just seems it's more bothersome to the customers, I wouldn't be surprised if sales were down.

Honored Contributor

Just as we check the measurements before buying at QVC, I carry a very small tape measure with me at all times that I whip out to measure a potential clothing purchase.  Comes in handy for other things too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

WalMart you can't try on and no refunds on clothing in my area.

Well that's BS.

Honored Contributor

Ew. The thought of being in one of those changing cubicles is even less pleasant nowadays.

Amazon Prime Wardrobe lets you choose 8 items, send back the ones you don't want for free, and just pay for the clothes you keep. Could be an option for some. Request multiple sizes or styles to try them out.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

There is no greater risk in getting covid from trying on clothes than catching the common cold or ordinary winter flu from clothing.  If I cant try something on then its a no sale for me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 I don't get that either. I guess the difference is that they don't have to clean the dressing rooms.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln