Respected Contributor

I'm in Pa. and our Boscov's doesn't allow you to try on clothes.

Respected Contributor

Went to Chico's this week.  Whether you use a sanitized changing room or just try ( jacket) on on the floor, they will take it off the floor for a day....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Dos theRe: Can You Try Clothing On

Does the virus even live on surfaces such as clothing?

Honored Contributor

I just have small privately owned stores to shop in where I live. Yes, I'm able to try on clothes everywhere I shop. I've heard that the big box clothing stores don't have their dressing rooms open. But I've never experienced that here in my neck of the woods.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: Dos theRe: Can You Try Clothing On

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does the virus even live on surfaces such as clothing?

Well they've shown it lives on masks and gloves...which is why you can't reuse them without disinfecting.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Re: Dos theRe: Can You Try Clothing On

No trying on where I have shopped.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@K9buddy   It's not the room I'd worry about.  It's the clothes that have touched someone else's body.  How do they sanitize them?

Anything you buy at any store may have been tried on by someone whether you try it on at home or in the store.  It's unavoidable unless you just don't buy anything now.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not been in a clothing store since the beginning of March and have no interest in doing so.  Nowhere to wear any new clothes anyway.  I'm staying out of stores for now other than grocery stores.

Honored Contributor

I have only been in Kohl's and they have the fitting rooms closed up. so no trying on.  I don't know what their policy is for returning clothes right now.  The virus makes it so diffiult.  I don't know what parents are doing about getting kids school clothes and shoes -- it must be really hard!!!  I haven't purchased many clothes while this has been going on but did need to buy a couple long sleeve tops.  I usually am o.k. with tops but it's bottoms and shoes that I need to try on before buying.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Why would it matter if you try on clothing in the store or at home?   Trying on any clothing is still a eeuuuwww for me right now.  Since I won't buy new clothing unless I can try it on first, I won't be buying anything new.  I guess.  I've thought of ordering online, but am still concerned about the virus.   

Good thing I don't really need anything.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt