Honored Contributor

Question, can you try clothing on in stores? Does it depend on the policy of the store, where you live, or is it across the board a no? My sister was in Kohl's not long ago, she was told she couldn't try the clothing on, she put everything back. Items such as jeans and bras, I need to try on as I try on different sizes and brands. I'm not buying a lot only to take it home to try on and return most of it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Question, can you try clothing on in stores? Does it depend on the policy of the store, where you live, or is it across the board a no? My sister was in Kohl's not long ago, she was told she couldn't try the clothing on, she put everything back. Items such as jeans and bras, I need to try on as I try on different sizes and brands. I'm not buying a lot only to take it home to try on and return most of it.

@Jordan2 

My sister went clothes shopping and she said she wasn't allowed to try on clothes.....Not sure of the stores she went too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

WalMart you can't try on and no refunds on clothing in my area.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Was at Walmart this morning and the fitting rooms have been removed.  Not sure if temporary or part of  remodeling.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Was at Walmart this morning and the fitting rooms have been removed.  Not sure if temporary or part of  remodeling.

They've even removed the seating area in the shoe section in my WM. A CSA took pity on me when I wanted to try on a pair of cheap shoes and brought me a chair.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2   I think that's the norm now.

Last week I went for a fitting for the dress I got for my son's wedding. When I entered the bridal shop I saw the seamstress steaming several wedding gowns. She explained to me that because of Covid,they steam every dress that is tried on by a customer as soon as she leaves. It's sanitized for the next customer.

Trusted Contributor

I was at Old Navy yesterday and there was someone in the dressing area 'sanitizing' the rooms, so we could try things on there. 

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy   It's not the room I'd worry about.  It's the clothes that have touched someone else's body.  How do they sanitize them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Can You Try Clothing On

[ Edited ]

depends on the store

TArget and Marshalls no tryons 

others you can try on 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

WalMart you can't try on and no refunds on clothing in my area.

So, if you get something in Wal mart, you can't try it on and then you get it home and it doesn't fit or you don't like it, you can't exchange it or return it?

People need to be good at guessing, I suppose. Glad I don't need any clothes.