Trusted Contributor

Re: Can You Name 3 Things QVC could do.......

No more Dyson

No more mattresses

More quality jewelry items

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1.  Stop the excessive repetition.  Same products, clothing, vendors, designers are presented too much.  Look for new, exciting designers.  Remove those who have become stale. 

2.  Present new, interesting, and unique products frequently instead of periodically showing new products in the midst of numerous sales and clearance items.  Sales and clearance items should be significantly reduced to sell quickly like other retailers do.

3.  Quality Control!!!  QVC is unbelievably lax despite numerous customer complaints.  Sending products with bird droppings, mold growth, water in the bags, strong disgusting odors, faded uneven dyes, overstitiching, defects, broken due to poor packaging, and other surprises is shameful.  

Plus:

4.  Higher quality clothing.  Some fabrics are so thin I can see the house next door looking through them.  Pay attention to tailoring, stitching, buttons, hems, good quality fabrics and consistent sizing.  

5.  Limit time presenting a product to 5-8 minutes. Tired of hearing "This is the only order of the year," and other statements obviously used as pressure tactics to get us to buy.  

6.  Cut the fake host over-enthusiasm and hyperactivity in front of the camera.  

7.  Be honest when presenting a product.  For example:  Don't tell us an AC doesn't have a pan to be emptied when there's no mention of a plug in the back where water accumulates that has to be emptied.  Also, pretending an item is spectacular when 50-75% of the reviews are negative.  Doesn't QVC test these products before accepting them to sell?

8.  QVC needs new seasoned buyers who know what  customers want and a revamped Quality Control department.  

9.  Customer Service.  From my experience with QVC and other retailers, QVC is in the top 5 worst.

10. No more products made in China. 

Honored Contributor

For me there's nothing QVC, or any of the other networks, can do to make me want to buy their stuff. I've moved on to shopping online where my money can buy more and I can get it shipped for free and fast. Buying stuff from a TV network is old school and not long for this world.

Trusted Contributor

Discounts - HSN frequently offers 20% off one item -- why can't the Q make a similar offer?

A daily shipping fee - buy all the cosmetics you want for an all-day one time $9.95 shipping fee.  Or all the jewelry you want. Pick a category.  HSN does this.

Snap up the presentations.  They used to be six minutes.  Go back to that.  

Don't use an hour of ITKWD for computers, tablets, radios, vacuums - you name it.  That show made its name because it featured David and cooking, not David and the kitchen sink.

I could go on and on.  The Q isn't fun anymore.  So why watch?

Respected Contributor

Free shipping of course.

Less time spent on TSV.

TMI about host’s lives.

Valued Contributor

Stop telling me that a cashmere sweater (for instance) can be dressed up or dressed down and worn year ‘round! There’s nothing wrong with saying an item looks best with heels and only worn in the winter! I really think the Q thinks we “buy” this nonsense! 

Also, free shipping or, at least shipping refunded on returns like the old days!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

The things they could do that might make them a more appealing shopping choice have already been mentioned, most repeatedly. I don't think there's anything they could do at this point to get me back as a regular viewer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

How about a set amount of time in which you are able to cancel an order.

Honored Contributor

USA MADE PRODUCTS!

USA MADE PRODUCTS!

USA MADE PRODUCTS!

Esteemed Contributor

free shipping and returns

better products and information with time limits

eliminate the constant repetition of products

I rarely watch anymore.  Some hosts are just over the top, hyper, or all about themselves.  The constant repetition of products or themes (CIJ) is annoying at best!