Trusted Contributor

Re: Can You Imagine Not Having Electricity For Months?

@Susan Louise  It appears you have taken umbrage with my response about the plain folk the Amish and decided to give a lecture. And, I cant imagine why you seem to lecture me on the difference. My response was not to diminish the suffering of the people affected by the hurricane, but, rather to point out to the other poster about '"better living with out electricity" and, there is a whole culture of thousands that do it daily. Certainly would not be my choice and I was not postulating on how it would be better.  If I had to guess, I would guess that at some point in your life you were a teacher? Just an observation. Perhaps, I shhould get my pencil and paper ready, wait, no, now they use laptops in lecture halls. Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can You Imagine Not Having Electricity For Months?

[ Edited ]

The airport in San Juan is open and supplies are being flown in as fast as they can load and get them there.  

We are so pampered in the US that we forget the basics of life.  Yes, you can live comfortably without electricity, not conveniently but comfortably.

Some people take TV news at total reality.  NOT!

Many people enjoy camping and live without power for weeks at a time.  They survive!  I cooked on a small gas stove for 6 weeks waiting for out stove to arrive.  Got to be quite good at it!