Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can We Be Better for This?

Something wonderful after 9/11 was NYC being lifted up in the eyes of our country. I Heart NY was a theme and rarely do I hear negative comments about our country's biggest city. 

I still see positives after 9/11. I'm hoping this time finds our divisive political climate will find people working across the aisles. It's called cooperation, compliance, collaboration, combined efforts, unity. We need these things.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

@Sooner 

i think we can be better. the question is how many people will change for the better?

due to denial, people that should change, don't seem to know it's them.

i can't say that i want things to go 'all' the way back to normal.
by that i mean, i like the fact the crime is way down (except domestic violence).

i like that there is way less air pollution and people have been forced to slooooooooooooooooow way down. i say that because too many people were out of control and didn't even know it. for example, unless one travels 11 months out of the year, one should have more than a months worth of toilet paper in the house at all times - LOL

i also hope that a lot of women are giving their face a break from the makeup, day in and day out. i also hope that a lot of people stop eating fast food on a regular basis.

sadly, i don't think that people that are currently being mean towards one group of people will stop. nor do i think that people that think they are better then others and are currently having gatherings of 10 or more (or whatever the number is) will change. if only 20% of people that fall into either of these categories change for the better, the country/world would be in a better place.

Honored Contributor

Yes, if we so choose!

Honored Contributor

Can we? - yes.

Will we? - time will tell.

Honored Contributor

Wouldnt it be great? But even during this people are still hateful, selfish, rude, political, and etc. It is sad but I am sure most will go back to their old selves after this is over! Just like after 9-11.   Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller