Honored Contributor

Can we learn to think more about others?  Can we learn to do more with less, be more giving, and less of our own needs?

Can we use this time to reach out and renew and strengthen relationships?  To keep up with people who don't have a strong social network or who are along?

Can we spend time in reflection or strengthening us or our faith?  Could we spend more time watching, listening to or reading things that uplift us and make us better people?

Can we come out of this with cleaner houses and more order in our lives?  With a renewed confidence?  With a renewed appreciation for the little things and greater patience with the big things?

What can we do to benefit from this pause in our hectic everyday life?  And how can we help those who get no pause, but only more work and stress?

How thankful can we be in a difficult situation?  How much peace and understanding can we find in ourselves?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can We Be Better for This?

Wouldn't that be wonderful, @Sooner ?  People are people. If and when things get back to normal, sadly, they/we have short memories.  

It didn't take long for people to get discusted about going through intense security after 9/11.

Some only pray when they need or want something, never just a prayer of thanksgiving......in all things give thanks.......God wants to hear from us.  I bet He is hearing from many now.  Let's hope it continues after the pandemic.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

IMO the answer to your "can we" questions is a resounding yes.  Unfortunately, based on both history and personal observations if you asked "will we" my answer would be maybe for a brief period of time for some of the questions.

Remember how we all came together following 9/11?

Unfortunately that unity and caring for each other was only temporary leading to an explosion of I've got mine too bad for you attitudes.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Nothing happens unless we believe it can.

Honored Contributor

I would love to answer "Yes", but the realities of political division in this country make me think No.

Honored Contributor

All great questions, @Sooner 

I don't really know what to say except, "Good luck!"

Honored Contributor

@Sooner It's a lovely post, Sooner. 

Unfortunately, the ones that need to read it won't ever see it.  How they can just look around them and see what is, or a child smile with excitement, and be the negative way they are (so self important and selfish) is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@QueenDanceALot I just asked the questions.  I'm not trying to make anything happen.  I just want to know how people think.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sure.  Some are already doing it.  And not always the ones you think of first, like medical professionals or first responders.

Grocery store employees, Walmart/Target/Costco, etc. employees.  Truck drivers, Amazon packers.  Neighbors shopping for those who cannot or should not go out themselves. You get the drift. 

Will all of us be grateful, etc?  Not a chance.

Many of us will continue to be selfish and inconsiderate, like the ones pushing and shoving in the stores or hoarding goods when not necessary or digitally screaming at others that don't hold the same beliefs.

In other words, life will eventually go on just like it always has for centuries and millennia.  Humans.  Go figure.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@QueenDanceALot I just asked the questions.  I'm not trying to make anything happen.  I just want to know how people think.  

I understand, @Sooner .

It was a general "Good Luck" with these to the Universe.

I don't have a lot of faith in people to make these things a reality.  Most of them, anyway.  I think that self-reflection and selflessness is in short supply and it's not likely to change because of this current situation.

Doesn't make me happy to think this.