Honored Contributor

Re: Can Men and Women only be Friends?

I have more male friends than women friends and yes it is possible. I don't think most go around looking at others se #ually.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

I have many male friends. I think people over-emphasize the attraction thing with men only wanting to be friends with a woman for one thing. We are all part of the human race and I treasure my male friends. I already have a husband and I'm not looking for another one.

ditto

I have 1/2 a dozen of very good male friends. It is strictly platonic. I talk to one or two of them multiple times a week. They are both married and their wives know. My husband knows. There is no jealousy at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can have wonderful male or female friends. If they want more ... tell them right then that they are just friends. If they stay ... they will be friends for life.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Sally, what do you think? Harry, I think so!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

I have always had more male friends than female friends. Of course many of them are gay but I think it is nonsense that men and women can't be just friends. I have seen it and done just that many times.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Sure they can.

I've always had at least 1 or 2 good male friends.

Honored Contributor

If they're gay.

Respected Contributor

i have always had men friends but i now realize most of those relationships there was always a hidden agenda with them.

some of them were married, i never questioned their motives and they never tried anything funny or made a move so we just stayed friends.

Respected Contributor

I have male friends who are now friends with my husband. I had a life before I married.
Esteemed Contributor

I've had many platonic relationships with straight guys I've worked with over the years.

Only one I had well, yeah, he was hot, hot.....I'll admit it. My mind went there but nothing ever came of it. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

And you had to remind me!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}