Honored Contributor

Believe it or not my DH who doesn't give a riff about the Royals actually said something intelligent last night !  We were watching the TMZ documentary on Harry and M.

He said "Meghan thought she could control the Royal Family and influence the Queen to let her do or not to do what she wanted when she saw it wasn't going to go all her OWN way that's when she decided to leave and go where she knew she could control it all her own way."

Otherwise, she miscalculated she ended up taking on the whole establishment of which she knew little. Probably never cracked a history book in her life to know previous history.

@stevieb 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Believe it or not my DH who doesn't give a riff about the Royals actually said something intelligent last night !  We were watching the TMZ documentary on Harry and M.

He said "Meghan thought she could control the Royal Family and influence the Queen to let her do or not to do what she wanted when she saw it wasn't going to go all her OWN way that's when she decided to leave and go where she knew she could control it all her own way."

Otherwise, she miscalculated she ended up taking on the whole establishment of which she knew little. Probably never cracked a history book in her life to know previous history.

@stevieb 

@SharkE  Reminds me of poor Princess Margaret. Finally retreated to an island. She had such a sad life. Rules and regulations on the Royal Lives require extreme dedication. Something The Queen has but nor many others.

Honored Contributor

I credit Queen Mary for 'raising' Queen Eliz.  No woman ever went thru as much as poor Queen Mary.   She never complained gave way to hysterics. Accepted what came her way and did what was required of her. When her husband told her her dresses were getting to short showing to much of an ankle she had them lowered. If he didn't like a new hair do or wig she went back to the previous style.

She could have done better job of child rearing, but, that can be said of most.  No one knew she smoked cigars that was done at end of day in seclusion of own bedroom. Very few knew she even enjoyed a cigar.

She had a not so nice mother in law to put up with. She went thru 2 wars, lost a son or 2 in the war, had a son who became King, then, left with an twice married, American divorcee after few months. 

Had a mentally challenged son who died young. I believe it was this woman that influenced Elizabeth and instilled in her devotion to country and sense of duty above all else. Also, of course, George V must had influenced her, also. I think at 93 she's just trying to do her best with all that is constantly being flung at her. She doesn't have to declare she is woman hear me roar, independent free thinker,woman empowerment and all that.  Just gets on with it. Going gets rough the tough get going you don't preach one thing and run off .

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Your hubbie and I are on the same page... I think she thought she was 'special' enough to bend the rules to her liking, found out she wasn't and opted out... I also think the opt out plan was in motion very early on... I agree with you about the queen. She doesn't need to spout all the vapid popular empowerment jargon because she walks the walk.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Just different times right now. Queen was raised not knowing she was the next in line till she read it in a book and asked her mother if it was true, that, she will be Queen. They  had never told her.

Meghan, I bet arranged meeting Harry in the first place and she took it from there. He's easily handled and she succeeded.  I think the way she grew up she wanted to show people that one day she would be somebody and the ones who whispered about her upbringing would be washing her car.   Think all along she aspired to the top and for some reason she thought she would be on better footing then Kate and the Queen. Charles, felt sorry for her and wanted to be there for his son.

Guess after the walk down the aisle she didn't get whatever else she thought should be coming her way and saw the writing on the wall that she would just become another cog in the wheel and decided that wasn't good enough and she had a Plan B.

Super Contributor

You ladies are saying what I have thought all along. When everyone was 'gaga' over Megan, I could see that she was trouble DELUXE. I feel that Harry will regret leaving his family, and being 'second in command' to her. I think she'll pop out one more kid for good measure, then leave him with a boatload of $$$$.

Honored Contributor

It will all come out in the wash as they say.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Just different times right now. Queen was raised not knowing she was the next in line till she read it in a book and asked her mother if it was true, that, she will be Queen. They  had never told her.

Meghan, I bet arranged meeting Harry in the first place and she took it from there. He's easily handled and she succeeded.  I think the way she grew up she wanted to show people that one day she would be somebody and the ones who whispered about her upbringing would be washing her car.   Think all along she aspired to the top and for some reason she thought she would be on better footing then Kate and the Queen. Charles, felt sorry for her and wanted to be there for his son.

Guess after the walk down the aisle she didn't get whatever else she thought should be coming her way and saw the writing on the wall that she would just become another cog in the wheel and decided that wasn't good enough and she had a Plan B.

--        ----   
Wow! This takes speculation to a whole new height😊

But holy moly, it also gives me a new appreciation for Meghan! 

You're saying she's a world class femme fatale? She arranged to meet Harry, and somehow, knew, this 30 something British Prince,

who had extensively dated, lovely and often accomplished women, would fall in love with her, to the point of marrying? 

She then decided, that, she, an American and a total outsider, would get the upper hand, with the Queen and an age old British tradition, the monarchy? 

Meghan is certainly attractive, she's well educated, she had moderate success, in acting, enough that she was independent, and had a nice nest egg, but, I sure never saw her as this Fierce, Femme Fatale! 

** Just a wonder, re her upbringing. She's wasn't , a scared, hungry kid, in the projects, she's the product of a middle class background. She went to private religious schools and is a college graduate.  
Certainly not wealthy, but, I don't see anything to be embarrassed about. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Calling StevieB

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3, I want those numbers too. Perhaps the clairvoyant ones can use their superpowers to do some good?
@Trinity11 i didnt even think about all the mindless tv watching being interrupted! I think its a valid theory. I guess I can forgive the hatred because idle time and all.😉

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Cakers3, I want those numbers too. Perhaps the clairvoyant ones can use their superpowers to do some good?
@Trinity11 i didnt even think about all the mindless tv watching being interrupted! I think its a valid theory. I guess I can forgive the hatred because idle time and all.😉

@bathinaI seriously do not get why they despise her and are so determined as to what the future will bring.  I guess mind-reading the past lends to more future nonsense.

People forget that this is a family with a child, no less. 
Despite being "royal" their lives are still centered as a family.

The most laughable, if it were not so junior high school yard, are the "knowing" what Meghan thinks, what she plans, how she'll have another baby for security (then dump Harry) and on and on and on.

Opinions are one thing; basing an opinion on fact is a mature discussion.

Gossiping and predicting gloom and doom are just immature speculations.

I seriously doubt Meghan intended to dismantle the royal family.  As though the Queen can be easily dismissed.

For the life of me I cannot (really yes I can) understand why people would expect the worst of another human being who has done nothing to make their lives uncomfortable.  To "predict" unhappiness for another human being (and especially when it will upset a child) is a disturbing way to view the world.

And it's always Meghan; never Harry.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh