Valued Contributor

Called CS...got Rudeness & Attitude in return!

I ordered the following CIJ item:

H205859 Set of 4 Luminara 5" Flameless Ivory Candles with 4 Remotes

They arrived, I intended 2 as gifts, to someone that has issues with scented products.  Plus I wanted unscented candles myself.  They are vanilla scented!

Nowhere in the description or during the presentation was this ever mentioned. The video online isn't the presentation I watched, and I haven't watched that video entirely, so I don't know if they have since corrected this.

I called to inquire about this discrepancy, and was immediately met with rudeness and hostility.  She said I could return it, but I needed to do so in the next 10 days!

When I asked what to mark on the return form, she said "does not meet expectations", and when I asked about shipping she said I'd be responsible for shipping since they weren't defective.

I reiterated that the scented issue was never disclosed either online or during the live presentation, and she said it didn't matter!

I've never been met with such hostility when questioning about a complete and clear nondisclosure of a pertinent item fact before.

She said I ordered ivory and that's what I got, and I said no...I got Vanilla-scented ivory candles!  She wouldn't budge.😡

I'm on the verge of just boxing up everything, canceling the 1-2 pending orders I have, and just being done with the Q.

Is this really how they're treating customers now?  I've taken a long break from ordering, and only have been placing a few orders recently, so I'm out of the loop!

Honored Contributor

Re: Called CS...got Rudeness & Attitude in return!

Why not forward your complaint to a supervisor?

Valued Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Why not forward your complaint to a supervisor?

Honestly, I'm not sure how to do that.

boy, my op is long-winded, but I feel better now that I've gotten it out!😂

Honored Contributor

i would send them back......use the qvc return label. mark off  "not as expected" and put down that you are allergic to scented candles and that there is no mention of it in the description. once the return is made, make sure to call and have them refund both original shipping AND return shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I was once told by CS to mark an item defective even though it wasn't because she wanted to give me a refund on shipping, and that was the best way to ensure I would get it.  She said they didn't have a code for my situation, and the person who received the package would know to key in a shipping credit if it was marked defective. 

Trusted Contributor

Call back again. QVC stands behind their products. Through  the years I had a few problems but customer service was good. If I didn't like the response first time I would call back and they solved my problem. I never had anyone being rude. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @sam96, I am so sorry this happened. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we'll help with your return.  Cindy

Honored Contributor

there you go!......there is a bonus to having the mods around....help with customer service issues. @Cindy-QVC that is great that you are helping out in that way.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I would just send it back and check the defective box...because they are to YOU! And next time you get such a rude person in CS I would ask for their name and (if they don't hang up on you to avoid this) ask to talk to a supervisor and explain to them your problem with both the product and the person in CS (who should NOT be there). No excuse for this kind of treatment. And if the supervisor gives you the same treatment cancel all orders while on the phone to them and that's that. I guess I am lucky because I've never had a problem with CS but things are changing fast on the Q.

Honored Contributor

The reviews talk about the candles having a vanilla scent. 

I would call back and talk to somebody else.