Esteemed Contributor

Call them out or let it be?

[ Edited ]

When you know someone is, shall we say, stretching the truth, do you just let it go or do you need to point it out.  This can be one on one, in a group or on social media.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

Re: Call them or or let it be?

@CrazyDaisy 

I think it would be how well I knew the person.

Valued Contributor

CrazyDaisy only you and your conscience, know the answer to your question.

Esteemed Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

@CrazyDaisy 

I think it would be how well I knew the person.

If you knew them well, what would you do?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Call them out or let it be?

If someone could be hurt by a lie, I would call them on it. If they are just bragging, and stretching the truth a bit , I would let it go

Honored Contributor

If it involves you directly then call them out.  If not let sleeping dogs lie.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depending on what was said, how it was said and who said it and like others stated if it could possibly harm someone, I would speak up politely about whatever it was especially if I definitely had proof that what was said was not correct!  

Respected Contributor

i used to be very vocal about calling people out.   these days, i am grateful that i have learned to let it go.  it's just not that important to me anymore and most of the time i am able to keep my opinions to myself. 

Respected Contributor

i think this also depends on the subject matter.   Are we talking about the size of the fish we caught?  i'd make a little joke about the "real size" or something. 

if it's about something more serious, i would throw out something like "are you sure that's accurate"  just depends. 

how about a example?

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i think this also depends on the subject matter.   Are we talking about the size of the fish we caught?  i'd make a little joke about the "real size" or something. 

if it's about something more serious, i would throw out something like "are you sure that's accurate"  just depends. 

how about a example?

Top of my mind this morning is someone making statements about a situation and claiming to "save" so much money. It is literally not possible.  Would it make a difference if it was one on one or social media?