Esteemed Contributor

Call me a gutton for punishment but my love of animals wins out......Big time!

Our kind gentle giant of a man from our local animal shelter just brought in a one year old Lab mix named Scout .. We are going to visit him at the shelter this afternoon I want to wait for Libby to come home from school so we can go together. We are also bringing our threesome along to make sure everyone gets along with him. I thought to call or text Libby but, wanted it to be a surprise for her. I just got off the phone with Steve and called Tanya from her school this morning everyone is excited. He is healthy! Had all his shots and he is a Lab with greyhound and terrier mix in him. The owner took wonderful care of him but, she got sick and could not care for him. Her daughter brought him in a few days ago. Our friend from the shelter says he has a wonderful quiet personality but, is a love bug he loves to lick all the people who work there and they love him right back. He said he looks like a smaller version of a lab with slight terrier mannerism's. And thought he would be the perfect fit for our family. I will update later tonight friends.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Call me a gutton for punishment but my love of animals wins out......Big time!

{#emotions_dlg.blush}Sorry, about the double postings.. so excited I hit submit twice.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Call me a gutton for punishment but my love of animals wins out......Big time!

What I forgot to add in my thread was that Scout was brought in to a shelter from old bridge NJ my friend came and picked him up and brought him to our freehold NJ shelter. His thinking was this is the perfect dog for us.

Frequent Contributor

Outstanding for you, Matty6. You have a great big heart. May Scout bring you and yours great happiness (and vice versa - though I can tell that won't be a problem).

Respected Contributor

How exciting! Nothing quite like adding a new member into the household. I would love to add one more, but for now 4 is enough.

Respected Contributor

Awww…sure hope it works out! Keep us posted.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Gee I hope it works out for all of you, I believe it will!!

Super Contributor

How exciting, and you are brave getting #4...good luck!! :-)

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown